A subcategory for everything
Share this post
Projects on Kickstarter come from every corner of the creative universe, and we want to recognize that. As of today, you can create and discover projects in 94 new subcategories.
We've finally added the subcategories you've all been asking for, like 3D Printing, Food Trucks, Architecture, Playing Cards and even Typography. We also added a few subcategories that no one was asking for but that we thought would be cool, like Pet Fashion, Robots and Bacon.
If you're a creator with a live project, you can choose to have your project displayed under one of these new subcategories immediately. Just visit your project page, select Edit Project, and make the change on the Basics tab. Your project will appear under both the subcategory (Restaurants, for example) and the parent category (Food) in Discover. If you're a backer, you can find these new subcategories in our advanced search right now. (Try searching for R&B Music projects on Earth sorted by Magic.)
We hope you're as excited as we are about these new subcategories, and we can't wait to see the weird new ideas that they inspire. (More are on the way, so drop your suggestions in the comments!)
- How Kickstarter Creators Are Coping with the Coronavirus
- Kickstarter y el Festival Internacional de Cine de Guanajuato presentan 12 proyectos cinematográficos dirigidos por estudiantes universitarios en México
- Kickstarter and Guanajuato International Film Festival to Feature 12 Student-Led Film Projects in Mexico
- How to Participate in Signs of Change, Kickstarter’s Upcoming Open Call
- Mexican Game Designer Héctor Pérez Funded Four Games on Kickstarter—Here Are His Tips for International Campaigns