A Showcase of Human Imagination
Share this post
Projects of Earth began with a question inspired by the Voyager Golden Record: What would you create to represent life and culture on Earth in 2017?
With the launch of this initiative, we hoped to create a showcase of human imagination, and thanks to you, that vision has become a reality. Today we’re extending a huge thank you to the 120+ artists, designers, musicians, and makers from around the globe who answered this question through their own creative projects. The one-minute video below offers a glimpse at their unique ideas — from paintings of our technological future, to an all-terrain Earth rover, to a dance homage to American cinema. Take a look:
Explore all Projects of Earth here, and back your favorites to help bring these earthly sounds, sights, scenes, and greetings to life.
Want to be part of future initiatives like Projects of Earth? This November's open call will focus on "Commissions," and we'll be looking for creators to run projects that enable backers to pledge for custom, one-of-a-kind rewards. And in January of 2018, Make 100 is coming back. Subscribe to our Happening newsletter to stay in the loop.
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.