A recap of the Kickstarter Film Fest 2014 in Brooklyn!
Share this post
On Friday we invited everyone to Fort Greene Park to watch a selection of Kickstarter-funded films that came to life over the past year. The weather was glorious as thousands of people spread blankets on the grass and waited for the sun to set. Asphalt Orchestra marched through the crowd with trombones and a tuba to kick things off, and when the trailers began, fireflies floated around the edges of the lawn.
We loved hearing everyone react to the films we selected — there were oohs and ahhs at the amazing moments, and laughs at all the good jokes. It was a great mix of neighborhood folks who happened to find us, and film aficionados who had marked their calendars long ago — plus, a lot of really cute dogs. Many of the featured filmmakers came to town just for the event, and they got to meet their supporters as well as new fans. And afterwards, we got to read mini reviews of the films on Twitter and see all the beautiful photos everyone posted.
P.S. In case you missed it, you can watch the whole program right now!
- 12 Kickstarter-Funded Films to Premiere at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
- Take a Seat, Play Some Games: Come to Kickstarter’s Couchland at PAX East
- Granby Workshop: Rebuilding a Neighborhood Through Creative Projects
- Product Upgrades: Creator Dashboard on Android, and More
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence This Summer