A Few Tips on Setting Your Funding Goal
Share this post
It can seem incredibly difficult to determine a realistic and attainable goal for your Kickstarter project — it's one of the first things that people notice, after all. So how do you make sure it's the goal your project needs? We asked a few creators — David Thorpe, Bobbito Garcia, Malika Zouhali-Worrall, Karyn Parsons, Jimmy Goldblum and Adam Weber — to talk about how they approached this subject.
These creators may all be filmmakers, but what they're saying applies to anyone who might be thinking about running a project: research similar projects, make a detailed budget for what you need, and think about what the essentials are. And most of all, don't let the project goal intimidate you.
- 12 Kickstarter-Funded Films to Premiere at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
- Take a Seat, Play Some Games: Come to Kickstarter’s Couchland at PAX East
- Granby Workshop: Rebuilding a Neighborhood Through Creative Projects
- Product Upgrades: Creator Dashboard on Android, and More
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence This Summer