2014: The Third Quarter in Numbers
Share this post
Isn’t summer supposed to slow things down? We kept plenty busy here at Kickstarter. In the last quarter we announced that we’re opening up to creators in Scandinavia and Ireland, encouraged our community to speak out about net neutrality, celebrated our first year in Canada, revamped our discovery tools, and blitzed the World Maker Faire with our first-ever Kickstarter creator zone. There were film fests, big projects, unexplainably viral projects, the works.
Here’s a quick rundown of stats for the third quarter (July 1 - Sept. 30):
Dollars pledged to projects: $138,917,566
Average pledged per day: $1,509,974
Successfully funded projects: 6,124
Total backers: 1,079,201
New backers: 612,596
And even more numbers:
10,141 people backed 10 or more projects in the quarter.
3,000 people (more or less) came out to our first-ever Los Angeles Film Fest. It was a beautiful night!
335 people backed 50 or more projects in the quarter.
87 maker-y Kickstarter creators showed off their work at the World Maker Faire in New York.
14 new people joined the Kickstarter team at our headquarters in Brooklyn.
7 dogs were scientifically determined to be the top dogs of the Kickstarter Film Fest’s New York edition.
For even more numbers, check out our stats page, which gets an update at least once a day.
- What You’ll Hear on Kickstarter’s New Podcast, ‘Just the Beginning’
- 2018 Was a Record-Breaking Year for Games on Kickstarter
- Oriana Leckert Joins Kickstarter to Encourage Experimentation in Journalism Funding
- These Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 Sundance Film Festival
- Highlights from Bold Type, Our Celebration of French Typography