Two sisters retreat to a house in the woods to mourn the death of their mother.
When You Leave The Earth is going to be short film about two sisters who retreat to a house in the woods to mourn the death of their mother. It will be a quiet, beautiful, sad film, and an honest, emotional depiction of the thoughts and fears we have concerning the mortality of the women in our own lives. We want to capture the loss these characters feel. To show the grief, emotions, questions, quiet moments, and ultimately see them finding strength in the fact that life is all around, in nature, other people, and in oneself.
Actual sisters will portray the sisters in the film and the entire crew will be female. The goal of the production is to create a finished film that reflects the intimate emotional experiences of everyone involved.
The cast and crew will spend a week in a cabin, gathering scenes, many that are planned, and some that will have to be discovered.
The money raised will go to renting the cabin, food for the crew, art & costumes, and post production needs, such as Post Sound, DVD pressing.
We are blessed to be working with very talented people!:
She is an accomplished photographer, who is skilled in capturing people in their most elegant, and raw moments. Her dedication, and delicate sensitivities render images that must be seen and treasured.
They have had endless experience in commercial production, so this paired their inward and outward beauty makes them a perfect match to this simple but important story.
The Sound Designer is Amanda Beggs:
She started working professionally as a production sound mixer before she graduated with a B.F.A. in Film and Television, and a minor in Sound Design in 2008. Since then she has worked on many productions here in Los Angeles, and her skills are vital to the success of our movie.
They basically are modern magic makers. You will have to watch our movie when we're done to see what I mean, and go to their web sites!
The Art/Poster Designer is Emily Cox:
"Emily’s colorful, childlike, and enchanting world of wonder spills into every piece she creates." (Design Sponge.) Her designs for our film will be posted soon, and those who will receive the limited edition poster should hold on to them for the future! Emily is definitely a treasure artist who has a strong career ahead.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $5,000 goal
seconds to go
Apr 11, 2011 - May 12, 2011
Pledge $5 or more
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Pledge $10 or more
- Special thanks in credits
Pledge $20 or more
- Special thanks in credits - Personalized thank you note from the cast and crew
Pledge $30 or more
- Polaroid photo from the shoot - And all above!
Pledge $40 or more
- Digital download of the original soundtrack (featuring music by the director and many other female musicians) - And all above!
Pledge $50 or more
- DVD copy of the film - And all above!
Pledge $80 or more
- A photo of your mother in a montage during closing credits - And all above!
Pledge $100 or more
- Original Poster by Emily Marie Cox - And all above!
Pledge $300 or more
- I will write and record an original song about your mother (or other special lady in your life) - And all above!
Pledge $500 or more
- Associate Producer Credit on film and IMDB - And all above!
Pledge $1,000 or more
- Executive Producer Credit on film and IMDB - And all above!
Pledge $3,000 or more
- A personal screening and concert for you and your mother or special lady (if you live in Los Angeles, a skype concert if not) - And all above!