App that syncs phones together making light shows in the audience.Our dashboard shows you line wait times, prizes, coupons, artist info
The WeGlow project
We need your support to integrate our existing light show technology into the "must have" app for concert goers.
See Many Features Working Together on an iPhone-its ugly, but gives you a good idea of what we have completed so far and how all these features will work together in the final product.
WeGlow will be FREE for everyone and a Premium Version ($1.99) will allow you to create your own WeGlow event.
How to get most folks at a show to download the same app so that our WeGlow light show will work?
Make an app that everyone wants because it makes going to a live music show a whole lot better! That way everyone wins and we get to see this cool light show in action. Secretly I am hoping my band Brik will someday have enough fans so that I too might see it working in the crowd as we perform.
When we complete this project you and your friends will be able to download the free WeGlow app. If you get the PREMIUM version you will be able to create your own events. Your support of the WeGlow project pays for some of the programming that we can't do, design, server space, coffee and energy drinks...all part of of getting WeGlow into your hands...literally!
...and why we want em'...
Before the show starts
- Accurate countdown for when opening act and main act will actually take the stage so we can cruise around, find friends, hang out and not worry about missing the start of the show.
- Hear from the bands - not a impersonal tweet that goes to millions of people but a direct communication to us; your fans that paid $65 or more to be be at your show tonight. It takes only seconds to tell us your "...on your way to the venue" or "...trying out a new guitar tonight" even "...looking forward to playing for you tonight" We crave this type of exclusive interaction and sort of expect a "2 way" love affair with the artists we love! Don't we?
- Useful Information - we will use simple survey routines to ask everyone near a bathroom or beer line to estimate the wait. The aggregated response shows up on everyone's info screen. Finally, you won't get stuck in the bathroom line and miss the opener! Plus, its nice to know you have time to get a beer or snack before the next act starts.
- Games & Contests - While waiting, we love to win free stuff. This is the current answer to the T-shirt cannon only we run a contest every 15 minutes until the show starts. This way everyone wants the app for the free t-shirt or front row seats, but has the app for the light show too!
During the Show...
The WeGlow light show can be programmed to start at a specific time and work with the stage lighting. For smaller venues like night clubs and bars users will be able to use our web interface to create their own WeGlow events and light shows. We think this might also be very cool for sports teams (team colors) in a stadium or anyplace lots of people come together.
Hey Artist types! Think about using WeGlow for a new form of art...Mobile, Instant Light Sculptures (MILT). MILT goes to EDC...just sayin...
After the Show...
- Parting Messages - performers can send "Thank You" messages if they like..."Yes, we want them to send one last message" This will be useful if they want us to join their fan club or tell us about where they are playing next...maybe even a link to one of the nights songs? Just hoping...
- Play Lists - the songs and their order come right to your phone. Perhaps these will be linked so you can click to buy? What do you think?
- Merchandise discounts - we think the shirt vendor might want to sell off their inventory at a steep discount rather than pack it up!
Think of the WeGlow app project like a Christmas Tree, where each of the features is an ornament. We need fans to tell us which features they want and those they don't. That way we can build them or turn them off.
By supporting WeGlow you get to be first in line to tell us which feature you like, don't like, must have...we can't think of everything.
Thank you for your support!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $22,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on August 3, 2012.
Jul 9, 2012 - Aug 3, 2012 (25 days)
Pledge $1 or more
A free download of WeGlow PREMIUM which will sell for $1.99. There you go...we just saved you a buck! With Premium you can create your own events with all the features of the WeGlow platform. Don't worry, standard WeGlow will always be FREE.Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $10 or more
5 Free Downloads PLUS 2 invitations to participate in Beta Testing, which means that you get in FREE to shows where we are testing WeGlow. We plan to host events in most large cities and some small on both coasts and in-between.Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $25 or more
10 Free Premium Downloads, 5 invitations to our live Beta Testing events, PLUS your name will appear inside the English language version of the WeGlow app at the bottom of the Dashboard screen. Every time anyone opens WeGlow our system will randomly select one of your names and display it with a message indicating that you were one of the founding supports of WeGlow.Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $50 or more
Here’s where it gets really exciting! You get the 10 Free Downloads, 10 invites to Live shows for Beta Testing, Your name in English language version as well as EVERY language we develop WeGlow for, so everyone on the planet will know how much we appreciate your support. International fame may await you!Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $100 or more
2 backers Limited (98 of 100 left)
10 Free Downloads, 20 invites to Live Show Beta Testing, Naming in App all languages and we will create a program as part of our WeGlow light show that will generate your name on the screens of every phone as a Kickstarter founder whenever a specific color is used...so hurry and stake your claim to your favorite color! I am thinking my color should be Maroon.Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $250 or more
0 backers Limited (50 of 50 left)
20 Free Downloads, 40 Live Show Beta Testing Invites (looking like a party now!), Naming all languages, Name in Lights, Programming Access which means you will have unlimited access to our online programming suite where you can program light shows for any event you create. In other words you get to be one of the few creative designers programming WeGlow light shows!Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $500 or more
0 backers Limited (8 of 8 left)
50 Free Downloads and all the other stuff mentioned above...Your name will appear on the first screen when the app opens...FOREVER! We are only offering 8 spots on the start up screen to ensure everyone that uses WeGlow knows you were instrumental in its success from the very start!Estimated delivery: Nov 2012