We know we know!
It has come to our attention that it has been some time since our last update. In the past year we've assembled a mobile location based MMO with only three fulltimers and 3 "contractors". I put that in quotes because they were sorta just "interns" (interns is in quotes because they were really talented artists that we tricked into working with us for free).
To give you an idea of the shear magnitude of the game - Turf is comprised of...
- innumerable interface screens, many of which were designed over and over again to create a non-frustrating interaction experience. I also enjoy torturing myself
- 107 hand pixelated buildings for each foursquare category
- 106 hand pixelated trophies for your purchasing and earning needs
- 62 second floors for growing your monopoly
- 4 animated constructobots for, you guessed it, constructioning
- 4 bears illustrated and animated for mascot purposes
- 5 bear hand puppets illustrated and animated for hilarity
- tons and tons of lines of codes (written and re-written for good measure)
- our backend is designed to support your rugged gaming needs as handle all of your extra-social activities: tweeting/facebook/foursquaring
- the above mentions only cover the assets that make turf, there's also been bushels of weeks spent balancing and redesigning gameplay to ensure we've capture that elusive fun quotient.
To say this has been a monumental task would somewhat betray the totally cray gauntlet we've had to run to get this winged whale produced. In the beginning we had intended for it to take only 9 months. Along the way it took longer because we wanted to create something worthy of your dedication to helping get Turf off the ground.
With that in mind I understand the frustration in not yet having a finished product. I want to personally apologize for the long wait. We're insanely proud of everything we've put together and can't wait for you to get your paws on it!
We intend to be in the app store this month.
Btw, we've set up a facebook community page. This is where I'll be posting frequent updates as we near the release of Turf.
Please join us!
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
For the cost of a scrumtrulescent latte you will receive enough in game Turf coins to give you a healthy boost over your friends as well as the 1st song off the Turf soundtrack by Cosa Mas (mp3 format)
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
Get the limited edition in game Kickstarter Trophy to place on your shelf for all to admire and worship (+ coins + mp3)
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
The Turf T-Shirt is exactly the thing to declare your fealty to the Turf Geography Club. You will receive one very impressive shirt in your designated size (+ coins + mp3 + trophy) - outside of US & Canada add $15 for shipping
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
A silk screened Turf poster (approx. 20x15) will be delivered to your doorstep. There's more, I'm offering a club WITHIN a club. From the launch of Turf until eternity you will receive special virtual in game surprises on a surprise basis. Also your name will be added to the credits! (+ coins + mp3 + trophy + shirt) - outside of US & Canada add $15 for shipping
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
9 backers Limited (56 left of 65)
Pledgies at this level will play the game a month ahead of the general populous (+ coins + mp3 + trophy + shirt + poster + cool kids club + credit) - outside of US & Canada add $15 for shipping
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
9 backers Limited (11 left of 20)
I will design & name a Turf Trophy after you. You will also be the proud recipient of a real Turf coin minted in silver (+ coins + mp3 + trophy + shirt + poster + cool kids club + credit + early access)
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (9 left of 10)
A place of your choice will be designed and dropped into the world of Turf as a unique landmark (+ coins + mp3 + trophy + shirt + poster + cool kids club + credit + early access + custom trophy + real turf coin)
- (30 days)