Make your night riding safer with RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals. RydeSafe.com
Above: RydeSafe packaging and a still from the video. They really work!
Watch the Video:
What Your Support Will Achieve:
First off, thank you for visiting. My name is Tonky, I am a Brooklyn based artist and designer.
I am asking for your help in funding this Kickstarter project to produce, refine, and expand a new product called RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals. I decided to design Rydesafe Decals to make night and low-light bike riding safer.
Kickstarter funding will enable these next steps (among others)
- Purchase a larger quantity of the raw "conspicuity film" to bring price down.
- Design three additional kits to add variety to the current line.
- Design packaging that is sensitive to the display needs of bike stores.
- Shoot a TRON inspired video of Rydesafe in the streets.
A Little About RydeSafe:
Why did I start RydeSafe? In short, I was hit by a car. Thankfully a minor dust up that left only bruises and an impressive chainring gouge that I say is a shark bite. "It happened so quickly" is a cliche, but the experience did inspire me to focus on how to help the cycling community proactively ensure its own safety.
The decals are cut here in Brooklyn, NY from an engineering-grade “conspicuity film” which contains fine glass beads that reflect light back to its source.
Each DIY kit enables easy customization of your bike frame, helmet, rims, and accessories. RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals are not intended as a substitute for safety lights, but will greatly increase your visibility on the road.
Work Done So Far:
Over the past three months, I have researched dozens of materials, produced a limited run of prototypes, built an e-commerce website and directed (and starred in) an instructional video.
The line is in beta mode and with your generous support I will get these out the door, onto bikes, and make cyclists safer across America.
( RydeSafe.com )
Yes. They will peel off. Just get them started with your thumbnail. Any remaining adhesive can be remove with a rag dampened with rubbing alcohol.
I just ask you to pay for the additional cost of shipping. Standard post to Canada, the Americas and most countries in and around Europe cost around 10 USD.
To pay the extra amount you can either:
A) Add $10 to your pledge and message me on Kickstarter.
B) Pay later via Google Checkout once the Kickstarter project is fully funded.
pledged of $3,250 goal
seconds to go
Jan 4, 2012 - Feb 5, 2012 (32 days)
Pledge $5 or more
(1) Sample Pack ( 6 pieces ) of RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals. Color: White/SilverEstimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $15 or more
(1) Full DIY Kit ( 51 pieces ) of RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals. Choose from 7 colors and 4 different designs. -- Enough safety stickers to deck out your frame and rims.Estimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $25 or more
(3) Kits of RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals + (10) sample packs to share at the office. -- Get some for yourself and make your friends and family safer on the road too!Estimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $45 or more
(6) Kits of RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals + (15) sample packs to share around town. These things make great gifts for people you'd like to keep safe. Plus, they just look cool!Estimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $100 or more
(15) Kits of RydeSafe Reflective Bike Decals + (25) sample packs to share at the office. -- With this many reflective stickers you should be able to outfit your entire extended family and/or an entire fleet of pizza delivery bikes. Henceforth you will be known as the "Sultan of Safety."Estimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $500 or more
CUSTOM DESIGNED BIKE : For this level of generous support, Tonky will work one-on-one with you to craft a custom design for your bicycle. Whether you ride an ultra-light racing rig or a smooth-rolling cruiser, this is basically carte blanche. -- Plus we'd love to feature your bike in our forthcoming TRON inspired promo video.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012