By popular demand, Evenings in Quarantine: The Zombie Opera is preparing for a special spring run of the show at a much larger venue.
After a very successful premiere performance in October 2010, Evenings in Quarantine: The Zombie Opera is preparing for a special Spring 2011 run of the show at a much larger venue, the Eddy Theater at Chatham University, on May 6-7, 2011.
As the creators had not originally, and financially, anticipated such a strong demand for a spring performance, this Kickstarter project has been created to help the creators raise funds necessary to adapt the production to its new location. Funds raised will go to support the need for rental of a video projector, screen, and wireless microphones for the lead cast.
About The Show:
Evenings in Quarantine: The Zombie Opera is a hybrid theatrical stage and film production by Artistic Directors Bonnie Bogovich and Elizabeth Rishel, featuring the talents of Film Director Barry Bogovich, Special Effects Make-up Designer Arvin Clay, and Director of Photography Edwin Huang.
Involving a cast of six people, a projected film runs throughout the entire show, as well as a prerecorded musical accompaniment track of instruments and choral vocals. In this opera, we acknowledge Pittsburgh's role as the 'birthplace of the zombie,' and feature filmed locations from iconic parts of town.
We utilize local talent in the production, featuring volunteer extras from the community in our filmed segments, holding scheduled public previews, Q&A/Talkbacks, and seminar events in and throughout the Pittsburgh region.
This is a tax-exempt, 501c3 project sponsored by New Sun Rising (newsunrising.org). If you donate, we can provide you with a receipt for the tax-deductible portion of your donation (donation total minus the value of your incentives received).
- Program Mention: - Your name will be featured in our printed program/playbill at the Spring 2011 performance
- Button Set: Set of custom buttons from our merchandise (one small button with a biohazard warning, one large with the show's logo)
- Premiere Poster: 11"X17" printed poster from our October 2010 Premier Production
- Splatter T-Shirt: A Limited Run Blood Splatter Zombie Opera Logo Shirt (sizes available on a first come first serve basis. We will make more if we run out, in which case shirts may not arrive with other rewards)
- Limited Run Silk Screened Print: Limited Run Silk screened poster from the spring 2011 show
- Autographed Female Leads Photo: Autographed Glossy of our two female leads, Izzie and Ronnie
- VIP Seating / Access: Special VIP seating in the theater for our May 6-7, 2011 performance, access to a special roped off area in the audience
- An Evening in Quarantine: Members of the lead cast will perform a song of your choice from the opera in a (legal) location of your choice within an hour drive of downtown Pittsburgh. Details will be coordinated with the production team. This is a non-commercial performance (sorry, you can’t sell tickets.)
For more information about Evenings in Quarantine: The Zombie Opera, photos, press reviews and more please visit our website at http://www.thezombieopera.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $2,500 goal
seconds to go
Mar 26, 2011 - Apr 24, 2011
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $1 or more
Zombie (**nom nom** Join the ranks and eat Braaaaaaiins.)
Pledge $3 or more
Refugee (You’ve escaped to a safe zone! You’re alive, but are you really safe?)
Pledge $5 or more
Intern (You must help find the cure or else the Professor will hit.)
Pledge $10 or more
Party Guest (Zombies Schmonbies. Let’s party!) REWARD: Program Mention
Pledge $25 or more
Soldier (You’re in control, and you will maintain order. After all, it’s your job right?) REWARDS: Button Set
Pledge $50 or more
Newscaster (You will bring the public the information they need to survive even if it means placing yourself in harm’s way.) REWARDS: Poster from October 2010 Premier Production and lower incentives
Pledge $100 or more
Charles Class (You are logical and clear-minded. You do what has to be done to save yourself and the people you care about. You will protect your loved ones, even at great personal sacrifice.) REWARDS: Splatter T-Shirt and lower incentives
Pledge $200 or more
Ronnie Class (You are a true leader. Given the right incentives, you make decisive choices that effect the outcome for you and your friends. Your friends can depend on you and you will never let them down.) REWARDS: Limited Run Silk-Screened Print plus all lower incentives
Pledge $250 or more
Izzie Class (You are compassionate and caring. You are driven to risk all to save your family. You are quick to forgive and defend those who prove themselves. You inspire other people and keep their hopes alive.) REWARDS: Autographed Glossy of Izzie and Ronnie plus all lower incentives
Pledge $500 or more
Ultimate Zombie Hunter (Eff that noise. You are already comfortable in your zombie- proof bunker watching “Night of the Living Dead” with a pistol, a rifle, a crowbar, and enough ammo and food to last you for the next decade.) REWARDS: VIP seating/access plus all lower incentives
Pledge $1,000 or more
"An Evening in Quarantine" is our ultimate prize. Members of the lead cast will perform a song of your choice from the opera in a (legal) location of your choice within an hour drive of downtown Pittsburgh. Details will be coordinated with the production team. This is a non-commercial performance (sorry, you can’t sell tickets)… plus all lower incentives.