We thought you were due for an update to let you know what we have been up to.
- NEW website launched! www.theBROpener.com
- Double sided tape ordered from manufacturer and should arrive this week
- 7075 aluminum has arrived at the machine shop and machining should start this week
- Magnets have been ordered and are on the way to the manufacturing facility
- Directions are complete and will be ordered this week
- Packaging has been ordered and should arrive this week
- Packing materials have been ordered and should arrive this week
Now on to the more exciting stuff. While the Kickstarter campaign was going on we had an idea that we thought would make the BROpener even easier to use, and we were right! I made the changes to the print and had a few prototypes made so we could test it out. A couple hundred beer BROpens later (most of which were Lagunitas Dogtown Pales!), we are extremely pleased with it and know you will be as stoked as we are.
What did we do? We added a specially designed "lip" for you to rest the bottle-cap on so the cap comes off much easier! The trick is leverage! Check out the picture below.
We will be sending more updates out along the way. Keep an eye out for a Kickstarter Project Completion Survey coming out closer to deliver date to get all of your shipping information! Expect the survey mid-march. In the mean time, if you or a friend needs to pre-order more BROpeners just check out www.theBROpener.com!
Aaron & Matt