Heroes aren't chosen. Heroes choose. Bring volume one of the adventure comic Jikoshia to print!
UPDATE: 4-button set unlocked for $15 backers and higher!!
Heroes aren't chosen. Heroes choose.
Jikoshia is the story of Nifty, a high schooler who simply wants to breeze her way through high school. When a classmate dares her to enter an abandoned house, rumored to be haunted, she discovers the world of Jikoshia. There she is told that she is one of three heroes of Legend, destined to save the world from an encroaching threat. Nifty must overcome her fears and doubts in order to discover what being a hero is truly all about.
What We Need & What You Get
In order to print the first book of Jikoshia, we need roughly $1500, however I'm putting my money where my mouth is and covering the final $300 myself. The campaign will cover printing the first 100 copies of chapters 1-4 plus bonus comics and sketches (never to be released online) in full color. That's about 150 pages in color!In addition to helping the comic reach a wider audience, you'll be getting some rewards as well:
- For $5, you'll receive a DRM-free PDF of the completed book
- $15 will get you the PDF and a set of three bookmarks featuring the main characters. Everyone at this level and above will also get their names on the Thank You page in the book.
- $25 gets you the PDF and a copy of the book, signed by BOTH the artist and colorist and shipped anywhere in the US. This joint signing may not happen again for a long time as they live on opposite ends of the country! Please add $5 for international shipping. For extra books, add $20 each
- At the $30 level, you'll receive everything so far: the PDF, the bookmarks, the signed book, and your name in the book.
- For $50, you'll get everything above plus your choice of one of three prints.
- $75 means you get everything and the other 2 prints.
- And finally, for $100 I'll also include a commissioned sketch of your choice.
If the initial goal is exceeded, I'll be sure to add more rewards!
Jikoshia will be a fun and vibrant addition to any comic reader's collection. It's a project more than 10 years in the making and has finally reached a point where we are confident readers will love what it has to offer. Contribute now and you'll be supporting talented creators, independent publishing, and get some great swag to boot!
Other Ways You Can HelpOf course, not everyone has money to throw around, but spreading the word about this campaign and the comic is just as helpful! Please give us a shout out on your facebook, blog, twitter, or whatever method you use to spread news!
You can read the comic online at Jikoshia.net
And follow the creators at WaywardStudios.net
Find me on Twitter, Facebook, G+, or DeviantArt
DRM stands for Data Restriction Management and restricts files from being opened through multiple programs and devices. The PDFs I'm offering are free of such restrictions and can be opened on any device through any program that can read PDF files.
pledged of $1,200 goal
seconds to go
Jun 1, 2012 - Jul 1, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
DRM-Free PDF of the finished book.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $15 or more
PDF of the book and a set of three character bookmarks shipped to you (add $5 for international shipping). All backers at this level and higher will have their names on the thank you page of the book.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $25 or more
The PDF and the printed book, signed by both the artist and the colorist and shipped anywhere in the US (add $5 for international shipping). For extra books, at $20 per bookEstimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $30 or more
The PDF, the bookmarks, and the book signed and shipped anywhere in the US (add $5 for international shipping)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $50 or more
All of the above plus your choice of one of three prints.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $75 or more
All of the above plus the other two prints.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $100 or more
All of the above plus a commissioned sketch.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012