Not the 1s' debut album features production by Daedelus, Lunice, Mexicans with Guns, Monster Rally, Debruit, Young L, and more.
We made it to our goal of $2k on April 3, thanks to the many good people that have kicked this project into gear. FRESH! Please still consider pre-ordering/backing Why You Cryin? through Kickstarter -- the $ we raise on top of the original goal will go towards making a video for one of the songs on the album.
Also, scroll down for links to three songs from the album. GET YOUR PREVIEW ON.
Not the 1s – Why You Cryin?
The debut album from SF/OAK rap duo Not the 1s (Cuzzo/Eric & Mawnstr/Alex) will be released on vinyl and digitally by Gold Robot Records in June 2011. Featuring songs about being fly, driving space-age cars, and shoplifting just for the kicks of it. Beats by Lunice, Daedelus, Mexicans With Guns, Young L, Waes One, Debruit, and Monster Rally. Bonus raps by Isaiah Toothtaker. Art by Augustine Kofie and Michelle Romo. MAJOR.
The $$$ you put into Why You Cryin? will go towards the cost of  pressing a limited run (250 copies) of the album on colored 12inch vinyl &  printing t-shirts featuring the album's cover art.
+ Shipping is included for US residents. If you are backing this project from outside of the US, please add $5 to your order to cover exxxtra shipping costs.
Update on 3/23: Altered Zones premiered the first track from the album today. It's called "You Dress Like an Asshole" and was produced by Lunice. Word!
Update on 4/1: RCRD LBL premiered the second track from Why You Cryin? this morning. It's called "Your Dad Hate Me" and was produced by Daedelus. Ah yeahhh.
Update on 4/6: Impose Magazine debuted "Not the 1s" (our theme song) today. Produced by Mexicans with Guns. It KILLLLLLLLS.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $2,000 goal
seconds to go
Mar 15, 2011 - Apr 15, 2011 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
Digital download of the album two weeks before the official release date.
Pledge $15 or more
(1) A copy of the album on colored vinyl (2) Digital download of the album two weeks before official release (3) A copy of “Bad at Rap”, a CD mixtape by Eric featuring some of the worst examples of rapping ever (sports star vanity projects, shameful '80s commercials, YouTube rips)
Pledge $20 or more
(1) A t-shirt printed with the album’s cover art (shirts will be American Apparel, color TBD) (2) Digital download of the album on the 2-week-before-release tip (3) The “Bad at Rap” mixtape, ohhh yeah.
Pledge $30 or more
(1) Oh, you’ll get the album on colored vinyl (2) You’re also gonna get that smooth-ass t-shirt (3) The “Bad at Rap” mixtape? Yes indeed. (4) Uh huh, the digital download too.
Pledge $50 or more
$50: (1) Everything from the $30 level (2) Plus you’ll get a special shout out in the album’s liner notes.
Pledge $150 or more
(1) Everything from the $30 level (2) And you’ll be listed as an executive producer of the album. You'll be JUST LIKE SUGE KNIGHT.
Pledge $300 or more
(1) Everything from the $150 level (2) You'll get a shout out in one of the songs on the album. Imagine just how fresh that would be.