May has been an intense month filled with lots of shipping, lots of personalized customer support, lots of valuable feedback from our backers, and lots of improvements (with many more to come). Here are some stats:
By the end of this week, we’ll have shipped over 81% of our Kickstarter backers in the US and Canada. If you have not received a shipment confirmation, there are four potential reasons:
- You did not provide us contact information (preferred email, phone, etc.) at the end of the Kickstarter campaign,
- You did not respond to the ‘Choose Your Things’ request sent at the end of last year,
- You selected a Thing that we are still working to get into our inventory, or
- You are in Canada and we were working through the best (most efficient) cross-border shipping.
If you fall into bucket 1 or 2 above, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you fall into bucket 3 and want to discuss options, do the same. If you are in bucket 4, we’re confident we have a good solution in place now, so you’ll have yours soon.
We’ve activated tens of thousands of connected devices and are processing millions of events per day. The Physical Graph is coming online with your help.
The Android Beta has started. If your name is on the list, look for a message from SmartThings Support asking to coordinate a time to set you up for testing it. This is being staged, so if you’re not in the first group, we ask for your patience.
For our International backers, here is an update:
- We have a solution to the 100 MHz degradation that was in CE pre-testing yesterday and both devices passed. We are now moving to prototypes of that version in advance of scaled production.
- We have 5 of our SmartSense Multis and 5 of our SmartSense Motions being built with CE-compatible chips by mid June.
- We are scheduling formal testing also by mid-June when those devices are ready.
- We have ordered and are testing a range of 3rd party devices that are CE compatible such that we can build a compatible devices list like you see here - http://build.smartthings.com/compatible-devices/
- Once we have that, be on the lookout for your ‘Choose Your Things’ email from our team such that we can begin preparing your packages for delivery.
- For our friends in Australia and New Zealand, we’re scheduling your pre-testing now and will give a specific update like we did in Update 32 once complete.
We’re trying to stay active on discussions and comments across all our communications channels - Facebook, Twitter, Support Email, Support Chat, Build Community, and Kickstarter - but as volumes increase, we may miss something and apologize if we do. Please use the Support Knowledge Base and email support@SmartThings.com if you have an explicit support need.
Finally, we had a big announcement this week at Wall Street Journal’s 11th All Things D Conference. Starting today, the SmartThings Developer Toolkit is publicly available to the world. This means anyone can help us build SmartApps and can add new types of connected devices to the world of SmartThings.
Our ability to get this far is directly attributable to your support and backing. We couldn’t have done it without you, so thank you. We are actively making the world smarter, together.
Want to see our D11 demo in action? Watch the video.
The SmartThings Team