Easter weekend blew us away. Just when we thought we'd hit the mid-campaign trough that all Kickstarters (and most politicians) are familiar with, we got a nice surge in pledges—over $750 in just three days! What an unexpected surprise. We can't thank each of you enough for the amazing support you've shown Seed, but we'll certainly try... thank you!
Space is the place.
The environs continue to evolve as our amazing crew rushes to finish the space for a May 1 opening. Fixtures, cabinets, counters, doors—and don't forget, furniture—are getting locked into place over the next three weeks. There are some beauty shots below to give you a glimpse of the final product, including a real gem taken of Seed's co-founders. As you can see, we take our responsibility very seriously. ;)
Special thanks to our friend and wingman, Andrew Weber, for the shots.
It takes a village.
If you watched our Kickstarter campaign video (you probably got caught up in Jamie's Oscar-nominated performance—take a moment to watch the video again), then you know we're passionate about the community Seed aspires to become home to. We really do love this community, and we can't wait to see the energy, innovation, collaboration and small (or big) companies born there.
For those of you wondering what the Seed Coworking community may be like, here's a sampling:
- Mini conferences and events for the tech, design, development and entrepreneurial segments of our community. We're lining up some incredible guest speakers.
- Night owl work sessions for those of you who are more productive after 5. Or 11. Or 2AM.
- Collaboration! Find your next project, client or workmate at Seed.
- Share your knowledge with the Seed community. Our happy hours and impromptu group sessions will help you do just that.
- If you're working off-site, you'll still be able to log into the Seed Campfire account to communicate with colleagues, check in, and to see who's in-house that day.
- Democracy. You'll have a say in how Seed is managed when you become a member.
- Seed is located in Saint Clair Village. It's the hippest neighborhood downtown and is filled with plenty of things to see and do.
The list goes on. Don't forget, you can join Seed now at a discount simply by pledging at the $50, $500, $1,000 or $2,500 levels.
We have just one week to go before our campaign ends. If you've already pledged to Seed, thank you! Help us spread the word by Tweeting, Sharing, Liking and Wuphfing the Seed Coworking Kickstarter page to your friends and colleagues.
Stats show that the average Kickstarter campaign makes half its money in the last three days. Let's beat the odds and wrap this up in the next two!
If you haven't pledged yet, and are on the fence then perhaps you'd like to see Seed for yourself. Join us for a private tour this Friday, April 13 at 4PM. We're located at 25 South Saint Clair, just a block and a half south of Fifth Third Field. We'd love to meet you and show you around.
No need to RSVP. Come as you are.