More updates from the two branches of the project.
BOXES OF SWAG AND LOCKS
- If you e-mailed us with a change of your address, or other commentary, all those mails have been gone through. We SHOULD have all that caught up. Thank you for your promptness and kind words and suggestions.
- We have a whole range of people without addresses in the backer reports. It's not clear how this might happen, since the reports are generated by Kickstarter, but it has happened in some cases. We are therefore about to send out a mass e-mail asking those people with empty address entries for their mailing address. The e-mail will come from Jason Aller, and request you send in a mailing address.
- Upon the return of the Boston shipper at the beginning of October (so roughly a week from now), we'll be doing a cleanup mailing out of missing $35 backers, of addresses that have been filled in, and a few bounced addresses we'll have since corrected.
- Naturally, we'll likely still have a few unfinished processes, but the hope is this will be down in the realm of a half dozen or dozen at most, as these large-scale mailings often end up. We might list those names here (nothing not already in the backer report, of course) to get them shored up.
- Thanks again for your patience as we work through these.
- The CAD drawings of the planned picks were released some time ago, but the opinion of the board was to put them on the Internet Archive (archive.org) to ensure the plans are not subject to Schuyler's fortunes or hosting. These CAD plans are available under a Creative Commons 3.0 SA license here: http://archive.org/details/2012-schuyler-towne-rev3-cad-etching
- A pair of the intended sheets of metal were purchased, and sent to an etcher. That etcher is now making a set of prototype picks for Schuyler to try out. He is to provide photographs of the prototype picks when they are assembled, and they will be posted immediately on this kickstarter page.
- Once the picks are signed off by Schuyler, the board will then have a small first run of picks made and sets will be mailed out to a subset of backers for in-the-field testing. There are many ways to do such a selection of a subset, but we're just going to start at the most-invested backers and work downwards. We will notify the general backers that this has been done.
- We will then wait for receipt of these picks and ask that the receivers use the picks for a short period of time, testing them for any unexpected aspects or flaws or other issues that might require revision.
- When the picks are considered field-approved, the picks will begin being made in earnest, as fast as possible, and shipped out as fast as possible.
- Please understand there can't be any dates for this, as mistakes made previously were to give hard dates and also to buy entire lots of items before ensuring that a small lot of items was what was needed.
- Photos will be taken along all these steps.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as the board works to close out this project.