Playable Project Giana Levels!
Grab them on our Project Giana site!
What? You’re still here? Why? Oh, right – here are a few tips:
- The first of the two levels is from the early game and will ease you into the controls. The second one is from the late middle game and should provide a decent challenge.
- If you’re a fan of Chris or MaSu, but not both, you can adjust the soundtrack in the options menu.
- Use a gamepad if you can. The game will play a lot more fluidly.
We’re using an Xbox controller as a reference here, but any XInput-compatible controller will work.
You’re still reading this? OK, here are some disclaimers:
- THE GAME DOESN'T RUN ON WIN XP YET! We're very sorry - you'll need Vista or Win7 to run the demo...
- The preview levels are pre-beta and haven’t been tested for compatibility yet. You might experience technical difficulties. If you do, please leave a post in the bug report section of our forums.
- DX9 support is still shaky. If you can, we recommend running the game on DX10 or DX11.
- Performance hasn’t been fully optimized yet. You may experience some slowdown on some machines.
- The music is still a work in progress. Especially the transitions will have been improved significantly in the final version.
And known issues:
Installation & Launcher Issues:
- It can happen that the installer takes quite a while to finish the installation. Normally this happens during the DirectX Installation. We didn’t experience a case where it totally crashed – it just took quite a while (e.g., on a pretty old machine under Vista it took almost 30 mins).
- If you use the “Send” Button after finishing the game to help us with your playthrough data, and then close the launcher, it might take a few seconds before you can start the launcher again (that’s the time in which the launcher is actually still running and sending us the data). If it still doesn’t work after several seconds, it might be that you'll have to end the process manually with your task manager.
DirectX 9 Issues:
- If you are using DirectX9, you'll have to make sure that the game settings for your screen resolution and ratio match the actual resolution of your monitor. Otherwise you'll get an error message for your configuration on startup.
- If you are using a second screen, the game may launch on that.
- It occasionally happens that some graphics card under DirectX9 have problems with our graphics. If you get weird white flickering – that’s not a graphic feature. Sadly, it’s a bug.
Haunted Swamp Issues:
- It's possible to cause moving platforms at the end of the level to be out of sync. This shouldn't affect your playthrough.
- There is one point in the level where you can jump into a tree and get stuck. However, you can simply jump out of it again (just jump, don’t dash).
pledged of $150,000 goal
seconds to go
Jul 30, 2012 - Aug 31, 2012
Pledge $10 or more
A DRM-free digital copy of the finished game for PC.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $15 or more
The previous reward tier plus three backer-exclusive alternate costumes for Giana: A Backer Giana in Kickstarter and Black Forest Games colors, an Angel/Devil Giana, and a Retro/Metal Giana to mirror the Soundtrack!Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $25 or more
The previous reward tier plus a digital download version of the original soundtrack and access to an early sneak peek version of the game’s first six levels.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $35 or more
NEW: CUSTOM BACKGROUND EDITOR - the previous reward tier plus a program that allows you to import any picture from your PC into your copy of the game, replacing the paintings in all indoor castle levels with the images of your choice.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $40 or more
NEW: DIGITAL PACK - A DRM-free copy of the game, a digital version of the soundtrack, a digital version of the artbook and the early level sneak peek. This new reward tier is exclusive: it isn’t automatically included in later tiers and doesn’t contain previous tiers as normal. If the next tier refers to a previous tier, it will skip this tier.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $50 or more
The previous reward tier plus a digital download version of the art book, a physical copy of the original soundtrack and a Giana Backer pin, with free shipping world-wide!Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $60 or more
The previous reward tier plus a mousepad featuring the cheeky Pikomi artwork visible in the preview on the main page. Free shipping worldwide.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $60 or more
NEW: JEWEL EDITION - A jewel case containing the game, the soundtrack and the art book on DVD, plus a backer pin in addition to the contents of the DIGITAL PACK. (Free shipping worldwide.) This new reward tier is exclusive: it isn’t automatically included in later tiers and doesn’t contain previous tiers as normal. If the next tier refers to a previous tier, it will skip this tier.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $80 or more
The previous (non-exclusive) reward tier plus a basic Giana backer T-shirt in one of the gem colors: blue, yellow or red – your choice! Free shipping worldwide as usual.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $90 or more
20 backers All gone!
NEW: GAMER PACK - A special, limited reward: a wireless F710 Logitech gamepad plus all the rewards listed in the JEWEL EDITION tier! This new reward tier is exclusive: it isn’t automatically included in later tiers and doesn’t contain previous tiers as normal. If the next tier refers to a previous tier, it will skip this tier.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $99 or more
The previous (non-exclusive) reward tier plus a DVD of the game in a jewel case (free shipping worldwide). This new tier is included in higher tiers as normal and has been established to automatically provide the $100 tier with a physical copy of the game.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $100 or more
The previous reward tier plus a printed version of the art book and a signed Project Giana poster with free shipping.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $150 or more
NEW: COLLECTOR’S EDITION - A backer-exclusive physical edition consisting of a DVD Digipack for Project Giana with all physical rewards from previous tiers PLUS two new physical rewards: a custom Giana USB drive containing all the digital rewards from previous tiers plus bonus goodies, and a Making of Project Giana DVD. (Free shipping worldwide.) This new reward tier is automatically included in all higher tiers as normal.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $250 or more
The previous reward tier plus a Giana backer T-shirt (final design will be shown in a future update) with free shipping and your name in the credits. Send us a digital picture of yourself, and you’ll get it back with Giana herself kissing you on the cheek. Cute or punk – your choice. (Inappropriate pictures will need to be resubmitted.)Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $300 or more
The previous reward tier plus a four-inch tall resin figurine consisting of Cute Giana, Punk Giana and a defeated owl. The figurine may take three to six months longer to ship. In such a case, it will be shipped separately, free of charge.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $500 or more
12 backers Limited (48 of 60 left)
The previous reward tier plus original Project Giana concept art as a canvas print (signed or unsigned – your choice!) with free shipping.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
4 backers Limited (26 of 30 left)
The previous reward tier plus a large hand-crafted Pillowl plushie, monogrammed with your name, a "thank you" message and/or the text of your choice. Please specify whether you want a red, green or blue owl. (Free shipping.)Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $5,000 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
The previous reward tier plus a VIP invitation to our launch party, including behind the scenes insight into our game development and a signed Giana canvas made by our key Giana concept artist Pikomi himself, to be presented to you at the party. Includes a VIP airport shuttle from Frankfurt, Karlsruhe or Strasbourg and hotel cost for one night (travel costs not included).Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $10,000 or more
0 backers Limited (1 of 1 left)
The previous VIP reward tier plus… our only remaining copy of The Great Giana Sisters on Atari ST, to be presented to you in hushed tones at the launch party.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012