Lonely soldier falling in love with an Android woman in a world that is moving towards its end...
What is it all about
After a couple of movies they cooperated on as DOP and Production Designer Branko Sujic and Mirko Milosevic decided to make their own movie in 2007. The project’s name is Ozone and it focuses on one of the all-time SF conundrums – the possibility of feelings in artificial life. Ozone is trying to dissect the nature of love in a world equally populated by humans and machines. Thrilled by films such as Sin City, Immortel and 300, and dead set on combining real and computer generated image, Mirko and Branko decided to make a short movie using similar tools. The slow rhythm of Tarkovsky’s Solaris and Stalker got them going and this movie’s stillness and calm are there to offer a poetic view on heroes’ feelings and passions that move them through the story.
In the following three years, Mirko and Branko became close friends while working together on the script, doing camera and composting tests. Also, during that time they tried to raise money for the movie. As the script developed, the dialogues became shorter and everything started revolving around the visual narration of the movie. Thanks to the money they managed to raise, but also thanks to the generosity and support of their friends, green screen filming was finished in 2009 and the project entered postproduction. The filmed material served as the base of the movie. However, lucky for them, the movie, when finished, will be a combination of real takes and CGI, so they were able to do a lot in postproduction – basically add whatever the story demanded and also the things they couldn’t shoot. So, the fact that the production was poor was compensated by their stubbornness and willingness to invest extra hours (read that: extra years) and make up for the lack of money in postproduction – a crazy attempt to simulate a complex and intricate filmmaking process they otherwise wouldn’t have access to.
Meanwhile in reality: a year and a half into postproduction, the money was spent and only one third of the movie was finished. But give up they did not. In order to keep working on the project, Branko and Mirko decided to finance it with their own money earned by working on other projects. The time they were able to spend working on Ozone became seriously limited and the outcome of the project seemed uncertain. And here we are now :)
We need your help to complete image postproduction, sound editing, final mix and final color correction. Ozon’s duration is 26min and only four people are doing all the postproduction work. If we receive adequate funding, we plan to complete the movie in the following seven months. After the first festival cycle, the movie will be published online under a creative commons license for everyone to enjoy, share and use in their own work. http://creativecommons.org/about
Academic Film Center – Student City Cultural Center
Branko Sujic - Director, Director of photography
Mirko Milosevic - Production designer, VFX supervisor
Ivan Ivanovic - Costume Designer
Ognjan Milosevic - Music composer
Dragan Von Petrovic - Editor
Vladimir Uspenski - Sound designer
Vladimir Zivkovic - Sound designer
Miroslav Lakobrija - Special makeup effects
Nenad Gajic - Special makeup effects
Ivana Arandjelovic - Hair and makeup
- Born in Belgrade, 1980
- Currently works at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts as an assistant professor, artistic field – cinematography and photography.
- Attending the D.A. studies in drama and audio-visual art at Belgrade Faculty of Dramatic Arts
- Graduated from the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in 2010, field of study – Film and Television Camera
- The winner of Vladeta Lukic Award for being the best student in his field, 2004
- Two-Year Post-Secondary School of Visual and Applied Arts, Belgrade; graduated in 2002
- Director of photography and camera assistant for numerous commercials produced by: Le Spot, Wake up production, Emote production, 1984, Media +, Grey production...
- Coordinator of Photography as a Mean of Communication workshop at Studentski grad cultural center; as of 2008
- Completed courses: Maya essentials, Maya 3d modeling and Maya rendering at Chiron School (authorized Autodesk Training Center) in Belgrade, 2008
- 2013 Short film OZONE - Director, director of photography and compositing artist
- 2011 Feature film BELI LAVOVI - Camera operator
- 2009 Feature film DISTRICT 13 - ULTIMATUM - Camera assistant and central loader
- 2008 Feature film THE BROTHERS BLOOM - Camera assistant and central loader
- 2007 Feature film ZAVET - Additional photographer and central loader
- 2006 Feature film SUTRA UJUTRU - Camera assistant
- Born in Belgrade, 1983 -
- Graduated from Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade, field of study: stage and production design
- Completed courses: Maya essentials, Maya 3d modeling, Maya rendering, 3D animation, Maya character rigging and animation, Maya dynamics, MEL programming, Visual effects for film and video at Chiron School (authorized Autodesk Training Center) in Belgrade, 2007-2009
- 3D animator and matte painter in numerous commercials for studios such as: Mechanical duck, Digitalkraft...; 2008-2010
- Concept artist and Maya generalist at Galerija 12+, a studio for new media, where he participated in numerous projects, most prominent of which is the opening ceremony of the 25th Universiade in 2009.
- Set designer assistant and concept artist for Scenografski studio, worked on numerous commercials for production studios such as: Le Spot, Emote production, Red production, JWT production... 2004-2006
- 2013 Short film OZONE - Production designer and VFX supervisor
- 2013 Feature film THERESE RAQUIN - Concept artist
- 2012 Feature film CHERNOBYL DIARIES - Graphic Designer
- 2012 Feature film LOCKOUT - 3D concept modeller
- 2009 Feature film DISTRICT 13 - ULTIMATUM - Graphic artist
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
One truly plausible risk is that we will need a bit more time than we planned to finish the movie. The reason for this is that most of the people who work on this project in one way or another do it mostly for the love of movie-making and not for any real financial incentive. Therefore, sometimes their livelihood providing activities take precedence over the work on the movie. So far we were able to successfully minimize the drawbacks of this kind of problems by putting those particular shots that are waiting for certain assets on the side, and focusing on other shots that can be finished in their entirety.
According to Kickstarter's help page "Anyone, anywhere (with a major credit card) can pledge to Kickstarter projects." If you live in a country where you, for whatever reason, cannot donate directly to Kickstarter, the current best option is to buy a prepaid Amazon cash card and use that for your donation. You must apparently add one US dollar to the prize amount to make sure the donation goes through
We will ship internationally.The shipping cost is included, but if you live far away from us and are willing to share a burden feel free to ad a bit more.
We hope and believe that the it will be completed in summer 2013.
Backers who pledge at least $12 will be sent links for download when they are available.
Our film will have a one-year long festival life. Afterwards, we will start sending DVD sets because some film festivals do not accept films that already exist on the you tube or somewhere else on the internet. Other prizes will be sent when the movie is finished.
pledged of $8,000 goal
seconds to go
Sep 26, 2012 - Oct 26, 2012 (30 days)
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $7 or more
Thank you! We believe in the potential of this film and we are so happy to know you’re excited about it too. We'll let you know when the film is finished, and send you the link where you can see the finished movie. Also we'll inform you about festival screening in your town.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $12 or more
For a $12 pledge, you'll get a "Special Thanks" on our website, an HD digital download of the finished film to enjoy on your computer, and a digital ticket to premiere one day after the apocalypse.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $27 or more
For a $27 pledge, we send you a Special Edition DVD (wich includes green screen and final version of the film with audio comments of authors , personally signed by both of the authors of the film).Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $55 or more
For a $55 pledge instead of a boring standard definition DVD we'll send you a HD blu-ray Special Edition of the film (wich includes green screen and final version of the film with audio comments of authors , personally signed by both of the authors of the film). You'll also get a frame from the film printed on 35 mm slide.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $75 or more
For a $75 pledge you'll get tag or your personal signature on train car or somewhere else in the background of destroyed apocalyptic landscape of the movie. You'll also get a Special Edition HD blu-ray of the movie.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $100 or more
For a $100 pledge you'll get a Special Edition HD blu-ray of the film, a "Special Thanks" in the screen credits, plus a book of ten "OZONE" postcards with artwork from the film.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $250 or more
For a $250 pledge, you'll get a Special Edition HD blu-ray of the film, a "Special Thanks" in the screen credits, PLUS book of ten "OZONE" postcards with artwork from the film, and "OZONE" t-shirt with printed artwork from the film, and we'll be glad to sit down with you on Skype and have a hour of conversation about the idea of our film, making process and anything else you would you like to know.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (4 of 4 left)
For a $1000 pledge, you'll get a Special Edition HD blu-ray of the film plus ASSOCIATE PRODUCER title on the film credits, and we will be glad to sit down with you on Skype and have a hour of conversation about the idea of our film, making process and anything else you would you like to know.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $1,250 or more
0 backers Limited (1 of 1 left)
For a $1250 pledge you'll get a Special Edition HD blu-ray of the film, plus ASSOCIATE PRODUCER title on the film credits, plus CYBORG ARM made for film by special effects guys, molded from main actors arm, and we will be glad to sit down with you on Skype and have a hour of conversation about the idea of our film, making process and anything else you would you like to know.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $1,500 or more
0 backers Limited (1 of 1 left)
Pledge $1500 or more you'll get a Special Edition HD blu-ray of the film, plus ASSOCIATE PRODUCER title on the film credits, plus ANDROID FACE made for film by special effects guys, molded from main actresses face, and we will be glad to sit down with you on Skype and have a hour of conversation about the idea of our film, making process and anything else you would you like to know.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $3,000 or more
0 backers Limited (1 of 1 left)
A ticket to the Premiere screening of OZONE in Belgrade (airplane transportation from anywhere in Europe and hotel lodging included), plus ASSOCIATE PRODUCER title on the film credits and the chance to meet and hang out with autors, plus everything else listed above in any unlimited awards.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013