A boy who always wanted to grow up to be a cowboy, grows up to be a man who realizes you don't always ride off into the sunset.
Howdy! We’re the team behind Noseatbelts Productions, a small company with big ambition We funded our first short film entirely with our own money, but realized that following that model will limit future projects in scope, size and awesomeness. This is our first Kickstarter campaign, and we hope that its success will make sure Happy Trails will be everything we’ve imagined it to be.
We've worked on Nebraskan films and thinks that Nebraskans make some outstanding work. Our first film, The Legend of Israel Grimm, was an official selection at the 2012 Omaha Film Festival to our great excitement and with positive commentary.
Happy Trails was written by director Michael Johnson, and we are ready to head back for 2013 and we’re gunning for an award this time. We kept the cowboy theme, fast-forwarded into the present day, and have a lonesome, erstwhile hero. For our past work, we’ve begged, borrowed or rented equipment. We've shanghaied and cajoled our friends and families into helping us. This time, we're aiming a bit higher, so we need a little help accomplishing a few things.
- Feeding our cast and crew is number one on our list of priorities. These people are volunteering their time to us, the least we can do is make sure they're fed.
- We need to rent a white panel van and stick an armored car logo on it, and the two guards inside of it need costumes and props.
- One of our characters, The Lady in White, is a heavily costumed role (think Doug Jones' work with Guillermo del Toro) and creating the specific look that Mike has in mind will require some work.
- While we have a camera, we'll be borrowing a lot of our other equipment. We'd like to buy some of it, so that way we have it for next time. This includes a portable hand recorder, maybe a microphone and something as simple as our own clapboard slate. There are other things we need as well, but this would certainly get us started.
- We'd like to throw our cast and crew a wrap party (shh, don't tell them, it's a surprise.) This should probably be of higher quality than what we serve on set, since we're dreaming big.
- Perhaps most important on our list of expenses is acquiring the rights to the song, "Happy Trails." In order to use it rightfully and legally, we need to purchase a re-recording license (a good friend of ours will be singing it for our soundtrack) and a festival use license (so we can screen it at festivals with no questions).
For those who decide to donate (or can't but want to help), please consider going the extra tumbleweed-strewn mile and sharing our campaign with your friends and family! The more people who give to us , the more likely we are to make a successful movie that YOU were intergral to creating. Thank you now and thank you then!
Shae, Aja and Mike
If you own a small business, or provide goods or services and would like to donate to us so we can reward others who help out, we sure would appreciate it! Please, get in touch with us by contacting email@example.com and let us know what you're thinking!
And honestly, the best thing you can do for us is share this link! Twitter, Facebook, harassing family... We appreciate all of it.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
Bedroll: When all the threads are woven together, you get something sturdy. You'll get good karma, the satisfaction of knowing you helped something awesome AND receive a Happy Trails e-card from us to you.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
Boots + Bedroll: You can't get far barefoot on the prairie. You'll get everything from the previous level PLUS your name added to the Happy Trails' Thank You webpage.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
Spurs: Used to help pick up steam and get things moving. You'll get everything from the previous level PLUS first access to teasers, bloopers and behind the scenes content. Your name will be listed in the ending credits along with all the other cowboy greats.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Horse: A good horse can carry the load, slow and steady. You’ll get everything from the previous level PLUS a copy of the Happy Trails cover song used in the movie packed into your metaphoric saddle bags. Each c.d. will have a randomized second song, recorded by the same vocalist, taken from the public domain. Baa Baa Black Sheep, anyone?Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Saddle: Supports our cowboy on this long trek. You’ll get everything from the previous level PLUS a dvd copy of the Happy Trails short, trailers, bloopers, behind the scenes footage and Kickstarter video. This comes with a personal message from the director and autographs from the cast. The message is customizable and will be ready right in time for Christmas. This short is intended for festival use and will not have copies available for sale.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
Lasso: Helps kick ass, take names and keep the grips in line. You'll get everything from the previous level PLUS a printed movie poster, designed by the director and we'll upgrade your DVD copy to have a matching DVD case.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
Chaps: Used with a good pair of sturdy jeans, not as a fashion statement. You'll get everything from the previous level PLUS an Executive Producer credit and an invite to the film's cast and crew premiere (travel expenses not included if you are not from the greater Lincoln/Omaha area).Estimated delivery:
- (29 days)