MistoBox helps micro-roasters and coffee lovers alike by bringing the two together in a way that was never before possible.
MistoBox is changing the way coffee lovers discover and buy coffee. MistoBox was formed around the notion of the ‘perfect cup’. If you're like us, you love tasting new coffee on your hunt for the perfect cup. We're coffee lovers who have made it our pledge to introduce fellow coffee lovers to coffee from the over 3,000 micro-roasters in the US and help them discover their perfect cup.
Micro-roasters carefully select their beans and roast in small batches to ensure the best quality and flavor. These products are made with creativity, integrity, and finished with an artist's touch. These roasters want to share their product with you, and MistoBox wants to help them do that.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MistoBox is made up of 3 important parts:
1. MISTOBOX SAMPLE SUBSCRIPTION: Every month subscribers will receive a MistoBox in the mail. Each box will contain 4 unique coffee samples from micro-roasted roasters across the country. This gives our partner roasters a national customer reach and our coffee lovers access to amazing coffees they would never have experienced otherwise. Along with each sample, we introduce the roaster and give the history of each product. Each of the over 3000 independent roasters across the country have a unique culture and a unique product and we want you to appreciate their art as much as we do.
2. Online Coffee Marketplace: Try a coffee and love it? You can head on to the MistoBox website to pick up the full sized bag of coffee. If you really love a coffee you tried, you can get the full size bag sent to your house every month. All full sized orders are sent straight from the roasters so you only get the freshest coffee.
3. Coffee Knowledge Base: MistoBox share knowledge about coffee, brewing methods, roasters, recipes and more. We will also give coffee lovers an online place to talk about rate, review, and talk about coffee. Find your perfect cup while becoming a coffee connoisseur!
We believe that coffee is one of the world’s most affordable luxuries, and we want to bring that luxury to you.
WHAT DO WE NEED FUNDING FOR?
MistoBox needs funding for:
- Development of a website to showcase coffee and accept payments
- Manufacturing of MistoBoxes, its contents, and related shipping costs
- Creation of marketing materials to reach out to roasters and coffee lovers
- Storage space
- Legal startup fees
MistoBox believes that coffee is one of the world’s most affordable luxuries, and we want to bring that luxury to you. We say thankkk you!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $9,000 goal
seconds to go
Mar 29, 2012 - Apr 28, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $1 or more
We will be forever grateful!Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $10 or more
We will send you a handwritten thank you note & awesome MistoBox sticker!Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $25 or more
All of the previous prizes & two hand-selected samplings of our favorite micro-roasted coffees complete with tasting notes!Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $50 or more
All of the previous prizes, you'll be the FIRST to receive a MistoBox for free, AND a MistoBox T-shirt!Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $150 or more
All of the previous prizes, a three month subscription to MistoBox, and a French press coffee maker so you can make the perfect cup!Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $300 or more
All of the previous prices & a virtual coffee expert to come to your kitchen via webcam to teach you how to brew and taste the perfect cup!Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $500 or more
All of the previous prizes and a COFFEE PARTY: 16 hand-selected samplings of our favorite coffees, French press, 4 coffee mugs, virtual coffee party guest coming via webcam to teach you and your guests about the coffee you’re drinking and the best way to brew it!Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
All of the previous prizes & BECOME A COFFEE EXPERT: One year of monthly MistoBox subscriptions with a virtual coffee expert coming to your kitchen via webcam to teach you about the coffee every month.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012