Weekly update: production of updated cameras and what was accomplished during the crunch
It's a beautiful day here in Stockholm and we hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday. The crunch period is coming to an end and things are looking great! Before we get down to business, make sure to check out the sample photos on our @memototeam instagram account, like this one:
Last week, we evaluated the connector system with the updated camera modules and think they are a good fit. We also believe we've found the last of the noise interfering with the GPS (see previous update). This week, we are producing a small batch of complete cameras with the current PCB in Taiwan.
Software and backend
- Photo sharing - Users can select and share photos to Facebook and to Twitter. DONE - sharing to Instagram was also included.
- Save to camera roll – Users can select photos from a moment and download/save them to the camera roll in full resolution. DONE
- Delete moment – Users should be able to permanently delete a moment. There should be an “Are you sure?” prompt. DONE
- Delete photos – Users should be able to select and permanently delete photos from a moment (see delete moment). DONE
- Notifications when momentification is complete – Users should get a push notification when all new photos have been made into moments. DONE
- Calibrate play speed of a moment - Make sure the play speed is just right for a user to playback a normal moment. DONE
In addition to these, capability to favorite photos within a moment has also been implemented.
- Star photos support in the API - The API needs to support starred photos. DONE
- Support for splitting moments in the API - The backend should support moment splitting so this can be implemented in the app. DONE
- Support for downloading an image in full resolution - The apps should be able to download an image in full resolution. DONE
- Backend should be verbose - Uploaders and apps need to know what the backend is doing to be able to display information back to the user. For example: the uploader should know if the backend is momentifying photos. In progress
We have also added support for more than one user, so you can sync multiple cameras on the same computer and support for automatic firmware updates.
Have a great weekend!
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
MEMOTO CURIOUS • Receive updates from this project and sponsor environment-friendly recycling of one Memoto camera.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
ECO FRIENDLY • Receive updates from this project and sponsor environment-friendly recycling of five Memoto cameras.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $35 or moreYou selected
YOU ARE AWESOME • Receive one awesome Memoto T-shirt in your choice of size and get featured on the list of Memoto Friends at memoto.com. UPDATE: Add $35 to any other pledge to get this reward as well.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $199 or moreYou selected
1000 backers All gone!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL • At $80 off of list price, be the first to get a Memoto camera in your choice of color. Choose between Arctic White, Graphite Gray and Memoto Orange PLUS get featured on the list of Memoto Friends at memoto.com.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $249 or moreYou selected
1304 backers Limited (696 left of 2000)
BRING ON THE SECOND BATCH • March (2nd batch) delivery at $30 off of list price of one Memoto camera in your choice of color between Arctic White, Graphite Gray and Memoto Orange.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $279 or moreYou selected
SHOOTING FOR THE STARS • April (3rd batch) delivery of one Memoto camera in your choice of color between Arctic White, Graphite Gray and Memoto Orange.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (11 left of 12)
CREATIVE GENIUS • We'll fly you to Stockholm to participate in a three days workshop brainstorming with our entire team on what lifelogging gadgetry Memoto should develop next. Hotel and all meals included. Add your choice of pledge from above to get the gear as well.Estimated delivery:
- (38 days)