Avenue A is a digital home and lifestyle magazine for people who want to lead creative lives in well-designed spaces
By day, we are journalists/communication professionals/business-persons. By night, we are Avenue A, a group of food/design/entertaining enthusiasts who banded together to create the ultimate digital magazine and multimedia website for twenty- and thirty-somethings who want to lead creative lives in well-designed spaces.
Why? Because we believe that home and lifestyle content should go beyond the oft-recycled, ho-hum articles of today's shelter and DIY publications. Here are just a few of our in-progress features:
- A profile of a couple that created their own underground supper club
- Step-by-step instructions for making your own mead
- A photo essay of starter homes from around the world
- How to turn a seen-it-everywhere piece of Ikea furniture into a one-of-a-kind work of art
- Creating the perfect at-home bar
Now we're ready to create our first issue and we'd like to hire someone to help with layout and graphic design. We're hoping that the Kickstarter community can help us raise $5,000 to make that happen.
You might consider funding us if . . .
- You'd like to see a beautifully-designed free digital home and lifestyle magazine/website created by and for twenty- and thirty-somethings
- You still haven't recovered from the deaths of ReadyMade and Domino during the Great Magazine Apocalypse of the 2000's
- You'd like an interior design consultation. Or a personalized cocktail. Or another one of our awesome rewards that come with pledging
- You are a small business owner or Etsy seller and are interested in reaching our target audience through one of our advertising-focused pledge levels
- You like the fact that we probably could have found an "intern" to do the design for us for free, but we decided not to because we think that's a crappy thing to do to somebody
Why you should keep funding us
Any money that goes beyond our fundraising goal will be used to build out our website, increase our editorial staff, and pay future contributors.
Thank you for checking out our project!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
THE TEST KITCHEN PACKAGE - You will receive a PDF copy of our first issue one week before its official release, and be listed as a supporter in the magazine. You'll also have the opportunity to test-drive some of our projects and recipes to help us decide whether or not they belong in the magazine.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
THE MIXOLOGIST PACKAGE - In addition to the rewards mentioned above, our resident mixologist will create a personalized drink for you based on your specifications. The drink recipe will be hand-written on a beautiful recipe card and can be sent anywhere in the United States or Canada. Makes a great gift!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
THE DECORATOR PACKAGE - You will receive all of the rewards mentioned above, plus a decorating consultation from our Apartment Therapy-featured resident designer. Send us a picture of the room you'd like redecorated and she'll send you a digital inspiration board with a comprehensive plan for beautifying the space.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
THE SMALL BIZ PACKAGE - You will receive all of the rewards mentioned above plus a half-page advertisement in our first issue and be listed as a supporter in the magazine.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
THE BIG BIZ PACKAGE - You will receive all of the rewards mentioned above (excluding the Small Biz Package) plus a full-page advertisement in our first issue and a top secret recipe for the Best Thing We've Ever Eaten.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
THE CELEBRITY PACKAGE - You will receive all of the rewards mentioned above excluding the Small and Big Biz packages. You still get the top secret recipe. Plus, send us photographs of every room of your home and we will put together a complete design plan for the entire space. We will document the process and feature it in our second issue (unless you're super shy and would rather we didn't!).Estimated delivery:
- (50 days)