I'm constantly reminded that, whoa, this Story Tour is actually happening! This is one of those times. We just recently launched the I'm From Driftwood 50-state Story Tour blog and the Launch Event is right around the corner--Thursday, September 2, in Driftwood, Texas!
Check out the blog: www.50StateStoryTour.com
In addition to following us on our adventure, there are a lot of ways you can actually be a part of the Tour. Here's just some of what you can do on the site:
- Tell us where to go. Yep, we know we're going to all 50 states, but YOU get to choose exactly where. Tell us why we should visit your town, whether it's because there's good food, a great community, a homophobic community, nice weather, horrible weather...make it interesting and adventuresome. We're also looking to stay with as many folks as we can, so let us know if you've got an extra room, couch or floorspace! http://www.imfromdriftwood.com/storytour/route/
- Join the IFD Team. We're looking for two video editing assistants so if you know how to tell a story visually, have some experience and are in school looking for an internship, let us know ASAP! http://www.imfromdriftwood.com/storytour/join-the-ifd-team/
- Help us out. The funds raised through KickStarter sure helped out a lot but it was just the tip of the iceberg of things we need. We're looking for in-kind donations, like camera equipment, a van, a gas card and more. Check out our Wish List: http://www.imfromdriftwood.com/storytour/ifd-wish-list/
- Throw more cash our way. Just because KickStarter ended doesn't mean our fundraising did! We're planning on having fundraisers while we're out on the open road and we're also still hoping for donations through the blog. You can donate easily here: http://www.imfromdriftwood.com/storytour/support/
- Get to know us. You'll be seeing a lot of Marquise (director/editor), Nick (driver) and me (Nathan, creator of IFD) so here's a quick intro so you'll know who's who: http://www.imfromdriftwood.com/storytour/the-ifd-50-state-story-tour/
And...if you're in Texas, you won't wanna miss the Launch Event on Thursday, September 2. It's at the Salt Lick BBQ from 7 - 11pm. It will be hosted by Austin fave Miss Rebecca Havemeyer and will have live music by the lovely Amy Cook. Check out the Facebook invite: http://www.facebook.com/...
Thanks again for all your kicking and starting. See you on the road!
Nathan, Marquise and Nick