Hey everyone! We’ve been working like crazy and we wanted to take a second to give you an update for the Lumativ Snapback Kickstarter Production!
We initially built 355 Lumativ Snapbacks before we launched our Kickstarter. We learned a great deal throughout the process of building these first 355 and we’ve been taking that knowledge and re applying it to our second production. Our initial ship date for the Kickstarter was scheduled for end of May 2013. After a lot of thought and weighing out the pros and cons, we decided to delay the production in order to make an even more amazing quality product for everyone to enjoy.
The major part of this is a MASSIVE upgrade involves the electrical design of the hats. We’re constantly exploring new lighting technologies here at Lumativ and we felt that with these upgrades it was well worth the extra wait of what is now scheduled to be mid August 2013.. We realize it’s a bit of an extra wait but hope that you are all happy and patient for what’s to come. So let’s check out what we’ve been up to in the lab.
Lumativ Snapback Upgrades
1. 21 COLORS!!! We have implemented the capability for the user to be able to choose between 21 different pre programed colors. Yep you read right… 21 different colors! The hat still functions the same way with the flip of a switch, but now you have a lot of ways you can flip it. What color light best fits your style at night?? Red, Green, Hot Pink, Orange, Teal??
2. 9 MAEM’s!!! MAEMS…?? What the heck is that??? Well we figured if we’re going to add 21 different colors, why not add some amazing Motion Activated Effects Modes to go along with it! Motion Activated Effects Modes?? We’ll let the little sneak peak video that’s part of the update explain this part… Be sure to check it out at the bottom of this update! ;)
3. Less Weight. We all have enough weight to carry around on a daily basis.. We’ve made the hat about half the weight of what it was before! The upgrade to the electronics involves removing a lot of parts and simplifying everything. Thus we have less weight and an even more comfortable fit!
4. No More Noise!! The number one piece of feedback we got from our initial run of the snapback was the subtle high pitch noise that the hats put off. It was unfortunately a byproduct of how the previous technology worked. With the new upgraded system there will no longer be any noise whatsoever!
5. Adjustable brightness! We now have the ability to fade the lights brightness. Whether we want to fade between colors slowly, or crank up the brightness of the hat for custom applications.
Re-designing, upgrading and implementing these new features into the hat, is not a simple task and was a HUGE decision for us. The last thing we wanted to do was upset everyone who has helped make this happen with us! It’s taken hundreds of R&D hours and production set up. The best part though, is we’re about a week away from everything being approved for the new system! Once we have final approval on all aspects of the design, we’re immediately going into production, which takes about 60 days.
In addition to all of this we will be doing a swap out program for anyone who has already purchased a Lumativ Snapback. We want everyone to enjoy these new features and not feel left out. More details will come for this.
We hope that you’re as excited as we are for this new improved design. Please send us any questions, comments or concerns through our website at http://www.lumativ.com/contact/ . Oh and btw, Lumativ.com is getting a HUGE upgrade too… By June 1st we’ll have our new storefront up with tons of new custom designed products that we’re excited to share with everyone! We truly appreciate all of your continued support!
Scott Campbell - President
& The LUMATIV Team – Live Bright