A multi genre, multi discipline, multi media, multi generational effort to bring art to the masses!
Center without Walls (CWW) is up and running!
In April, CWW brought the incredible Favianna Rodriguez to town for a wonderful residency. Now, in September, CWW is presenting MacArthur "genius" Award recipient, Miguel Zenon (image shown) as well as artist Victor Pacheco in our fair city.
Your pledge will allow us to move forward on the following planned programs:
• A Fela Kuti Tribute by the Hartford based Fela Kuti Tribute Band
• A bi-weekly, Saturday afternoon puppet program for families throughout the City featuring Masque Puppet Theater (http://masque-theatre.org/)
• A mask making workshop for the community ala Bread and Puppet style to have community members participate in the outrageously fun annual Hooker Day Parade
• An evening with award winning Saxophonist Noah Preminger in the release of his new CD (http://www.noahpreminger.com/)
• An evening with multi talented Raquel Z. Rivera and her group, Ojos de Sofia (http://www.ojosdesofia.com/)
• A celebration and homage of Puerto Rico's National Poet, Julia de Burgos
• A monthly evening of Micro-Fund Raising to help local artist with the Hartford debut of hARTfeast!
Our charge is simple, bring together the highest quality art, music, poetry, theater and bring it to every nook and cranny in Hartford. With a firm belief that Art should be for everyone, we strive to bring the arts practically to the doorsteps of marginalized communities everywhere.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $3,000 goal
seconds to go
Sep 1, 2010 - Oct 1, 2010 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
Lifetime Founding Member - All of our Founding Members names will be listed on all literature pieces • our everlasting gratitude
Pledge $100 or more
all of the above, plus a pair of CWW Passes, giving you and a guest FREE ACCESS to all shows and workshops
Pledge $250 or more
all of the above, plus an 12" x 12" square piece of the original mural painted by artist Andres Montiel that graced the counter of La Paloma Sabanera for years