Apparently something has shifted. Some dear members of this community have reached as far as they can into their coffers for the project, but aren't willing to stop there. These people are so committed to this projects success... LOOK at this!!! I am amazed at this outpouring of support. Crazy. And more than I ever could have even expected!!
Here's all the NEW rewards… not from me, but from this incredible, amazing, awesome community we live in:
1. An ORIGINAL Anne Belov cartoon from Your Brain on Pandas (http://yourbrainonpandas.com/2012/05/05/look-out-mehitabel-here-comes-the-panda-kindergarten/) to the next person to contribute $1000+. This has never even been available to the public at any cost (NONE of the original cartoons have left Bob T. Panda’s paws!) and you get it on top of the rewards we are offering if you’re the first at $1000+.
2. Backers of $50 or more get FREE honey from David Neel of Island Apiaries, the only farmer I know that has more working girls than me (of course his working girls have wings not hooves). This is for local pick up only (although I will ship if you pay for shipping, but we haven’t checked shipping costs yet).
3. Anyone who funds at the $3000+ level will get their own beehive and private beekeeping lessons for the 2013 season. David Neel will help you get started and learn the ropes of your very own beehive.
4. First $500 pledge to fund, Cook on Clay Flameware Pottery will give a 2 quart casserole/stovetop pot (your choice of color). (Claimed already)
5. Anyone who funds at the $250+ level gets their name will be entered to get 3 nights of FREE farm/pet/house sitting from our own farm-sitter! This gal is so good with critters and so trustworthy we were able to leave her with our momma dog and her 3 week only puppies (and even got daily photo and video updates!). Thank you Kassandra!
6. The next ten $100+ backers get a FREE 1lb bag of Willowood Farm's famous heirloom Rockwell Beans. And yep, we can ship them (thank you for understanding that we need you to cover shipping costs)! (3 claimed already!)
7. The first pledge to fund at $3500 or above gets Chef Gordon (from Gordon’s on Blueberry Hill – you know that AMAZING place in Freeland?) to come to their home and prepare dinner for up to 8 ridiculously lucky individuals. His goal would be to make it a teaching dinner party style. I can’t imagine anything more fun and quite selfishly hope whoever gets this might consider inviting two dairy farmers along to the dinner (I’ll bring the cheese course!). Just for reference of the value of this offer, a Seattle Restaurant just used kickstarter to raise more than $55,000 and did so offering a similar reward (limited to 6 guests) for $5000 and ‘sold’ them out!!
8. The first pledge to fund at $3000 or more can enjoy a Sue Taves sculpture of their very own. “She Decides” on this page: http://www.suetavessculpture.com/gallery-size/ normally valued at $2500. Ridiculous? I know!!! She has a sale going on right now too (http://www.suetavessculpture.com/upcoming-events/ ), if you’re interested in getting your hands on any other Sue Taves sculptures… and if you click through and look, I’m sure you will be!
Now on top of this my wonderful contractor stopped by and let me know that, inspired by all this community support, he is cutting his fee in HALF! (That is approx. $500 savings!)
These rewards are in addition to the rewards we are offering! However, to get any of these additional rewards, we have to fund. We have a long ways to go. Your help is needed, spread the word and let people know why they should participate and let them know about the new swag.
There are some rules about these offers… they aren’t stackable. One super lucky person can’t get the original art work, the dinner and the clay pot. However, you COULD just stack your backer pledge if you want them all. The multiple offered items are stackable. You can enjoy the honey and the beans (and even the dinner if you pledge at that amount!).
In addition, you could refuse the swag we are offering or pass this swag on to the next lucky person if you want. It’s up to you. You don’t need to accept all of the reward to get the parts of it you want.
If you are pledging with a specific reward (either mine or the community rewards) make your pledge then contact me to reserve it. If it goes unclaimed, it will go to the next person. The first pledge at the correct tier has the first right of refusal.
It’s all up to you.
Ridiculously humbled and gracious,
Vicky & the whole herd at the Little Brown Farm