Having completed its incubation in the small confines of 122, the Lemon Grove can now truly fulfill its mission at 110 West Federal.
If you are even remotely aware of what is happening in the internationally recognized downtown Youngstown, OH renaissance, you know that Lemon Grove plays a BIG roll. We are able to do this in the tiny confines of a 24x150 space. Imagine what we can do with literally 10x the space! The former Rosetta Stone at 110 West Federal is a turn key establishment, with equipment all ready to go. We have what it takes to acquire the space in May. We need your help in "Lemon Groveizing" the atmosphere of this space to have it live up to the full potential of expressing and furthering our community. Lemon Grove's atmosphere is already legendary at 122, with your help we will take this to a whole new level.
Please help us to drastically exceed our goal! The more we receive, the more we can get done throughout the building, for the economic and cultural benefit of the city.
Since opening in August of 2009, the Lemon Grove has made an undeniable impact on our city and region through its pursuit of the economic and cultural revitalization of Youngstown.
While our home at 122 contains our blood, sweat, and tears, the small confines drastically hinder us from fulfilling our true potential. As we do so many things, art gallery, restaurant, concert venue, meeting space, bar, etc, it is impossible to evolve all the aspects in our 3,300 sq foot space.
We now have the opportunity to truly evolve our mission, with twice the space... just on the first floor, and there are five floors! Acquiring the former Rosetta Stone at 110 West Federal will make the Lemon Grove a cultural crown jewel, not just for the city, but the entire region.
Phase One: Moving operations to the first floor of 110. The space is turn key thanks to the Rosetta Stone, but there is clean up needed and it is of paramount importance that we "Lemon Grove-ize" the space.
• The Tree: We are artistically styling a tree to "grow" out of the back bar and branching out above the customers seated at the bar. This will be the focal point of the space.
• The repainting of the vaulted ceiling with a starry-starry night-esque mural by Jason Van Hoose
•Flooring replacement for shot carpet in the step up dining area.
•Replacement of booth with something like a large comfortable wooden pew
•new angled stage configuration
•By far the most adventurous of these points, but what will make the most drastic impact for energizing the whole place and the street, is the replacement of the front windows with fully openable ones. So for nice days the line between the patio and the inside erases. Doing this would make an air curtain necessary to prevent smoke & insects coming in and heat/cool escaping.
• Back entrance. We will create a more welcoming back entrance. Ideally with a back patio area. This will also require the movement of the Downtown Circle's and v2 dumpsters. I have drawn up a block plan that would help address this.
This will accomplish Phase 1 allowing us to open the Lemon Grove in it's new home in June. The grand opening is set for June 21st.
Phase 2 begins as soon as fiscally possible after phase 1. The basement concert venue and bar is what will make 110 a regional destination. All our current equipment can go down there to get it going, so really it is just the core elements of HVAC, plumbing, and electric work that is needed.
Phases 3 through 119 will then continue until one day the whole building is fully utilized to its max all the way to the top with a rooftop garden patio, but with this successful Kickstarter campaign, we will accomplish Phases 1 and 2 completely.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
Apr 22, 2012 - May 14, 2012
Pledge $25 or more
•Lemon Grove Project 110 Tshirt. Personally made by Kerri Rickard on vintage shirt.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $50 or more
• Free Coffee for a month! And you know we have the area's best coffee with Raptis. •Lemon Grove Project 110 Tshirt. Personally made by Kerri Rickard on vintage shirt.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $100 or more
• participation in video for 110 move • Breakfast or Lunch with the LG representative of your choice (Amy, Baker, Brooke, Jacob, Mary, etc) ******* Or if you are never able to come to Youngstown, OH then we will mail you a care package with your t-shirt • and all of the aboveEstimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $250 or more
• Artist, Playwright, Story teller Eric Alleman will come to your house and spray paint the stencil of your choice wherever you please. Only for the Mahoning Valley and New York City. If you live elsewhere we will mail you a custom piece. •And all of the aboveEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $500 or more
•110 VIP experience. A full tour through the 110 building, after which you'll find yourself on the roof for a candlelit dinner with the works (elegant world class food, spirits, violins and a view of the stars from the heart of the Valley). • Or, if you can never make it to Youngstown, we will upgrade your care package to the SUPER DUPER care package. Mama never sent anything to you this cool at summer camp. Including original fine art from one of our featured artists. •And all of the aboveEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
• Your own night, "hooked up for real." Jacob and friends will personally work with you to plan out the perfect night for up to 10 friends and family at your house, Lemon Grove or wherever you wish. Your selections of live music, food, drinks, Whatever you want to do! •Or if you are never able to come to Youngstown, we will send you a piece of our city! We will "find our way" onto an abandoned, beyond repair factory, building, or house to obtain a piece that will also make for an interesting addition to your collection. We will professionally photograph the context and include a high quality print. The piece will also be prepped for wall mounting. •And all of the aboveEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $5,000 or more
•Dedication of special project to you (the tree, the vaulted ceiling mural, patio, the new stage, etc.) • Eric Alleman will create an original stencil portrait of anyone you choose. 2 sprayed prints will be made, one for you to keep and one to always hang in the Lemon Grove. the original stencil will then be destroyed. •And all of the aboveEstimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $10,000 or more
•We will dedicate a whole room to you for as long as the Lemon Grove lives here. (there are three conference rooms on the first floor, and plenty of rooms throughout the building.) •For $250,000 city residents only, 1 million non-residents we will name the building after you. •And all of the aboveEstimated delivery: Oct 2012