Hello Pledgers, here's our way overdue update:
1) Thank you everyone who has taken the time to comment on the Tatooine Watches. Feel free to send in more comments and also photos of your watch. (Exotic locations or funny pictures anyone?)
2) About 90% of the watches have been shipped. If you haven’t received yours yet, hang tight. You will either get your watch in the mail in the next few days or an email from us explaining what the hangup is.
3) The next phase will be the T-Shirts and the certificates. We haven’t forgotten about these! We just had to layer out the work so we could get it all done without losing our minds completely. Seriously, this has been a lot of work but really a labor of love...a "lengthy" labor of love. Thank you all for your patience during this process.
4) For those that requested canvas straps for your Tatooine watches, they will be shipping next week. You can, of course, keep your gray leather straps when you receive them.
5) For those that want upgraded watch straps, we are looking into those now. You will probably find that getting good “replacement straps” for watches locally is a real challenge these days. We personally find that few stores carry watch straps anymore and the ones that do, offer straps that are often low quality and over-priced. We will offer a wide variety of excellent upgrade straps but will need some time to research overseas vendors.
6) Several people have lamented that they wanted LESS sand
in their watches. This is so they could
see it spill around under the dial more.
Well, to remove sand from the internal display capsule yourself isn’t
impossible but we don’t recommend it. (Loose sand in our top-shelf Seiko Epson quartz mechanisms is a "bad thing".)
What would be best is that you send your watch back to us and we will do it….just not right now (!) We need to get a few additional tools for this model (to put the covers back on and to open the cases without damage). Shoot us an email if this procedure is something you would like us to do with your watch and we will put you on our notification list for when we are ready to do it.
7) You will note that we have new packages on our website
for the Tatooine Sand watches. These
packages are more expensive but include more companion items (as requested by
many pledgers). The basic price of the
watch is about the same as the original Kickstarter project.
8) A percentage of all subsequent sales of 35th Anniversary Expedition watches will still go to the Tatooine Pioneers for the “Save the Lars Homestead” expedition and other programs as they travel the world saving Star Wars history. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
9) Well, there are a number of different 35th Anniversary watch designs now. In order to make sense of these different versions, we have prepared a guide entitled “How to Identify Tatooine Watches”. Nothing would please us more if this guide was tied to an increase in market value sometime in the future. (Remember these are genuine collectibles!)
Well, I think thats it for now.
As always, if you have any questions or thoughts, let us know.
Best, Thomas and all the Folks at Legendary Time !
A 14 hour day here at Legendary Timepieces shipping out the Lars watches. We just haven't had time to put together an update yet.
Please bear with us as we hope to get something out to you in a day or so.
For those that have received their watches, if you have any interesting photos to forward to us, we'll put them up on our website.
Thanks everyone, The folks at Legendary Time
Hello Lars Pledgers,
We have lots of news for you concerning your Lars merchandise and we will get this out to you tomorrow. This update today is just a short one to address all the email we are receiving about extra Kickstarter Watches.
Many of you have asked us if any Tatooine Sand Watches are still available at "Kickstarter Pricing". The answer is yes and we have constructed a blind link on our website that addresses this issue. (Bottom line: there are a few left.)
Hang tight and enjoy the Super Bowl today! We will have an update tomorrow that talks about the remaining Lars merchandise, additional watch accessories, etc.
If you are wearing your Tatooine Watch today, make sure all your friends get to see it! (In between quarters of the game of course.)
Best, Thomas and all the Folks at Legendary Time.
We forgot to mention that the canvas bands for the premium watches were not shipped with the watches because of an error with the canvas bands we received. We didn't want to hold up the shipping of your watches any longer so we shipped all the Premium watches with gray leather bands. We will have a new batch of canvas bands coming in soon and will ship them out later to everyone. By the way, these are standard watch bands and can be installed easily. You, of course, can keep the original gray leather band that was shipped with your watch.
Also, a few people have commented that they wanted the watch with the igloo on the dial but had ordered Premium watches. Please note that the Premium watches ($77) do not have igloos on them, only the Limited Edition ($107) ones do. Visit our webpage for details:
If you would like to return your watch for Limited Edition, shoot me an email. We will be building another batch in a few months.
pledged of $22,760 goal
seconds to go
May 17, 2011 - Jul 15, 2011
Pledge $1 or more
You will receive the priceless satisfaction of helping restore one of the most iconic movie sets in science fiction history. Think about the bragging rights you will have when you see the "Lars Igloo" pictured anywhere. You can say, "I helped restore that place!”
Pledge $17 or more
We will send you a beautiful, frameable 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION certificate signifying your contribution to the project as an OFFICIAL SAVIOUR. This will be a sure attention getter in the office. Your $17 includes shipping within the USA. (Shipping to Canada add $4, International add $9.)
Pledge $37 or more
We will send you two things: First, a 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION, CREW T-shirt. These are great looking T-shirts and we are going to outfit the entire Tunisian restoration team with them. Here’s your chance to own the exact same design and help out with the cause. Plus, we will send a LARS EXPEDITION SAVIOUR certificate (see the previous pledge level). Your $37 includes shipping within the USA. (Shipping to Canada add $5, International add $11).
Pledge $77 or more
We will send you our PREMIUM 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION WRISTWATCH (projected retail: $119). This handsome wristwatch will have a time capsule filled with authentic TATOOINE SAND. Your $77 includes priority shipping within the USA. (Shipping to Canada add $5, International add $12.)
Pledge $107 or more
If you are a member of the 501st LEGION, you will receive a version of our TATOOINE SAND WRISTWATCH designed specifically for the 501st (projected retail: $179). On the rear cover, we will engrave your name and 501st ID number. Your $107 includes priority shipping within the USA. (Shipping to Canada add $5, International add $12.)
Pledge $107 or more
168 backers Limited (970 of 1138 left)
You will receive our LIMITED EDITION 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION WRISTWATCH (projected retail: $179). This handsome wristwatch will have a time capsule filled with authentic TATOOINE SAND. On the rear cover, we will engrave your name and identify you as an EXPEDITION COLLEAGUE. We are only building 1138 of these watches as each requires quite a bit of work. This is the ultimate Tatooine collectible. Your $107 includes priority shipping within the USA. (Shipping to Canada add $5, International add $12.)
Pledge $137 or more
We will send you three things: First, you will receive a beautiful 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION certificate signifying your contribution to the project as an OFFICIAL SAVIOUR. Second, you will receive a 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION, CREW T-shirt. Third, you will receive our LIMITED EDITION, 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION WRISTWATCH. Your $137 includes shipping within the USA. (Shipping to Canada add $7, International add $15.)
Pledge $197 or more
You will receive TWO of our LIMITED EDITION, 35th ANNIVERSARY LARS EXPEDITION WRISTWATCHs (projected retail: $179 each). Please see the previous pledge level ($107) for a more detailed description of the watches. Your $197 includes priority shipping within the USA. (Shipping to Canada add $7, International add $15.)