Denton's Late Night talk show. Airs Thursdays on ntTV (Charter 22 | Verizon Fios 46) at 9PM. Episodes online soon!
Late Night @ North Texas with Brandon Becvar
Denton’s only late night talk show. It is shot on-location in the University of North Texas RTFP building with a live studio audience. Segments are pre-recorded on-location around North Texas.
To use television and new media to create entertaining content.
- To create an aesthetically pleasing and entertaining show that enhances the reel of the entire team.
- To create a professional and supportive work/production environment for ntTV team members.
- To develop relationships with current and potential LN@NT/ntTV viewers and audience members.
The executive team behind Late Night @ North Texas (LN@NT) all worked on the team that brought you North Texas Now (NTN), Denton's Lone Star Emmy-nominated daytime talk show.
North Texas Now honors:
- 2012 Lone Star Emmy Award – Episode 3.06 - Outstanding Achievement in College/University Student Production – Long Form, NOMINATED (awards TBA November)
- 2012 Lone Star Emmy Award – Episode 2.09 - Outstanding Achievement in College/University Student Production – Long Form, NOMINATED (awards TBA November)
- 2012 Broadcast Education Association 2012 Festival of Media Arts Awards – Episode 2.09 - Student Video Competition – Instructional/Educational Category, 3rd PLACE
- 2011 Lone Star Emmy Award – Episode 1.19 - Outstanding Achievement in College/University Student Production – Long Form, NOMINATED
- 2011 EMPixx Gold Award – Episode 1.19 - Excellence in Moving Pixels: Local – Regional Magazine Program, WON
Notable North Texas Now guests:
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn stars Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene, and Jackson Rathbone (pre-recorded segment on the red carpet at Gilly’s Dallas)
- Kevin Hart, star of Think Like A Man (pre-recorded segment on the red carpet)
- Tim Urban, American Idol Season 7 Finalist, Singer-Songwriter
- Blake Mycoskie, Creator/Founder of TOMS Shoes
- Matt Nordgren, star of Most Eligible Dallas
- The Dallas Zoo representatives and touring animals
- Bonnie Blossman, star of Big Rich Texas
- Mike Krieger, co-founder of Instagram
Notable North Texas Now on-location episodes:
- Six Flags Over Texas "Fright Fest" celebration
- A SXSW Weekend in Austin
- The Dallas Arboretum
- Discovery Gardens
- The Dallas Contemporary
- The Casa Manana Theater
- The Shops at Legacy in Plano
- The Denton Square
Notable North Texas Now on-location segments:
- The Nasher Sculpture Center
- Texas State Fair
- Sixth Floor Museum
- Texas Rangers Stadium
- Dallas Fashion Week
- The Fort Worth Zoo
- Ballet Austin
Click here for a complete list of notable NTN guests, episodes, and segments.
Late Night @ North Texas Pilot Episode
Why we need your help
We want to make our show more credible and look more professional!
What we will do with the funds
The most important thing to us right now is a new backdrop and a stand for it ($2,400-$2,700). After that we would like to rent mics to be able to accomodate larger set-ups for musical guests (so we aren't just limited to acoustic performances in the studio). Our props, wardrobe, and makeup budget is also currently non-existent. Those funds would enable our team to facilitate more exciting content for our viewers (ex. games with audience members, pre-recorded impersonation skits, more involved improv games, etc...). Crew t-shirts would be awesome too. Any extra money will be rolled over into a second season and/or other originally-produced student shows at ntTV.
What happens if we don't meet our goal?
Kickstarter is an all or nothing deal. If we don't meet our goal our team will be very sad, but the show will go on... However, in the new studio space, we will only be able to accommodate the following segments:
- one guest interviews
- 3 piece band (one per show)
- pre-recorded "on the streets" interview montages
- Brandon's monologue
- banter between Brandon and Cody
These segment possibilities would very likely box our producers into a formulaic show. We think variety is of the utmost importance to our audience, our team, and for the potential for creating award-winning content. To us, "variety" in the show means the option to include:
- multiple guest interviews
- musical guest in addition to our 3 piece house band
- pre-recorded impersonation skits (including hair, makeup, and wardrobe)
- audience games (involving props)
- games with guests (involving props)
- utilizing our entire studio space (not limited by the backdrop)
- entrance areas for guests and talent (think coming out from behind a curtain)
We are set to premiere on ntTV on Thursday, October 19th at 9PM. (For all those out-of-town-ers, episodes will be made available online the week following our original broadcast).
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Risks are minimal in terms of studio production because we have an experienced crew and will have faculty supervision during shoots.
Challenges our exec team has overcome in the past while producing NTN...
- guests canceling (we have the ability to improv during this show and will have pre-recorded packages on reserve if necessary)
- getting episodes edited on time (this show will be shot live-to-tape)
- filling our audience seats quickly (we have crew members specifically responsible for PR)
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
Thank you for your support! We will list your name (or company name) on the “Supporters” page on our show website under the headline "We <3 our Kickstarter backers!"Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
In addition to your name (or company name) being listed on our website, we will also list it in our Season 1 and 2 credits (starting in episode 103) under “Special thanks to our Kickstarter backers!”Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
2 VIP tickets to a Season 1 episode taping of your choice will be yours! All of our "Very Important People" ticket holders will receive priority seating and photo ops with our hosts and guests. We shoot on the University of North Texas campus Thursday evenings at 7PM. Not in the DFW area? Feel free to gift your tickets. Just think, you could be that person who gets their friends on "the list." (and all lower rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
What's better than bringing a date to a LN@NT taping? Bringing 3 friends! 4 VIP tickets to any Season 1 taping of our show are yours with this reward. Don't want to bring 3 friends? Or a date? You'd rather come to 4 shows solo? More power to 'ya! Use the tickets in any combination or gift them during Season 1. (and all lower rewards... so actually you could invite 5 friends!)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
So you've already got your name (or company name) on our "supporters" page on our website, and in the credits... Let's spice it up and link it back to your website! Are you a blogger? Or trying to build your Twitter following? We'll link back to any of your social media profiles. + Official ntTV coffee mug. Don't drink coffee? Brandon says it could be a milk mug too. + Personalized signed photo of Brandon Becvar and Cody Graham. Know a teenage girl who'd rather have it? We can gift them. Get it before they're too famous! (and all lower rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Let's talk LN@NT swag. Doesn't a "Late Night @ North Texas - Season 1" collectable fan t-shirt sound nice right about now? We thought so. (and all lower rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
Alright all you businesses. We've got your company name linked back to your website on our "supporters" page among all our other Kickstarter backers. Why not stand out? Let's make it your full color logo! +It's not just about web promotion though! We'll also include your company logo in our show credits for 5 seconds of air time (screen can be shared with up to 3 other businesses). (and all lower rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
Brandon and Cody will record a personalized thank you video message to you or your company from the set. They'll talk about how awesome you are, how you made the show possible, and probably throw in a joke or two. This could be a great "my company is involved in the community" addition to your website or social media profiles. We will post all videos to our website and YouTube page. + More swag! An autographed 11 X 17 Late Night at North Texas poster. (and all lower rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $300 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)
+ A web-exclusive interview on the LN@NT set with Brandon Becvar. Want to promote your company? Or an upcoming gig or show? Or pretend to be a celebrity? We'll give you 2 minutes on set with our hosts and then post the video to our website and YouTube page. (and all previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $400 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (4 left of 4)
+ Want to write or submit ideas for a web segment for Brandon, Cody, or any of our segment hosts? We will produce it, post it to our website and Youtube, and give you a "written by" credit! BUSINESSES: Would you rather give us your product or company name and let us run with it? We can integrate it into a short sketch. (and all previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (6 left of 6)
+ It's time for the classic underwriting announcement. At the beginning of the show we will announce: “This program is brought to you in part by [your company name]” It will be paired with a full screen graphic of your company. Voice over will be done by Brandon Becvar. Oh, and we'll + Remember that company logo that links back to your website? Let's add that to the homepage of our website too. (and all previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $750 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
So at this point you're pretty decked out. What else could we possibly entice you with? Perhaps 2 pop up announcements about your business per episode? + Remember all those 11"X17" posters we're giving to our $200+ backers? Your company logo will be on them. Note: posters are also given to all crew members, raffled off during episode tapings, and a 24"X27" version will hang at ntTV. (and all previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
Consider your name (or company name) a part of the show. Wherever you see our logo (besides the bug in the lower righthand corner of the screen) you will see your name (or company name). + You're a television producer! And we'll treat you like one with a credit on IMDb. (and all previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)