Lastwear - The worlds first open source clothing company. Makers of clothing and curios, drawn straight from a world of science fantasy.
Lastwear is the world's first open-source clothing company.
"What the heck does that mean?" you ask.
Since we started, we've always licensed our creative materials under a Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike license, but now, we will be making all our accounting, sales, production costs, and other business information available on our web site.
Because we support maker culture, we will release our production patterns on our site for download so that people can sew their own versions of our garments. In addition, we will be documenting our progress so that others can learn from our mistakes and improve on the model.
We want to prove that the current paradigm of competition in business is not the only way to make a living. We believe that small businesses can thrive through collaboration and resource sharing and that we can help fund each other through systems like Kickstarter.
Now we're ready to really get things underway. We've got great designs ready to go. Several are already in production, but to really pick things up, we need a cash injection.
Lastwear needs funding to do the following:
- $3500.00 to buy fabric. We need enough fabric on hand so that we can fulfill orders as soon as they come in. Having fabric on hand allows us to roll out new designs and maintain production of existing styles.
- $1000.00 for snaps and buttons. Our designs use a ton of snaps and buttons. They're expensive unless we buy in bulk.
- $1000.00 for tags, labels, and trim. We need clothing labels, care and content labels, and trim materials.
- $350.00 to cover Kickstarter's fee and buy ourselves a bottle of bubbly with which to toast you all for making this a success!
If we exceed our goal, the first $1000.00 will be spent on promotional materials, getting our print publication started, and bringing more of the story behind the Last World to life. After that, we'll be buying more fabric, trims and buttons.
What you get from us. If the project is funded we will:
- Post a full accounting of how every penny is spent.
- Post files for all of our production patterns to our web site.
- Document our progress so others can learn from our mistakes.
- Work with anyone who wants help build a stable, open source, ground up economy, that can help to free us all from the current paradigm of corporate colonialism in which we live.
- Get involved. Have opinions on how open source ideas can work for businesses outside of the tech industry? Let us know, we want to hear your brilliant ideas on what's achievable when we work together.
LOOK OVER THERE > Presents!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
18 backers Limited (132 left of 150)
An awe inspiring Amber Guard Poster
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
26 backers Limited (24 left of 50)
Show your allegiance to the Emperor with a fine Amber Guard Patch.
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
9 backers Limited (41 left of 50)
Both the Patch and Poster, plus an Official letter of "Narative Truth and Acuracy" from the Historium.
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
Official letter of "Narative Truth and Acuracy" from the Historium, and $25 Lastwear Gift Certificate.
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
9 backers Limited (11 left of 20)
Official letter of "Narative Truth and Acuracy" from the Historium, and $25 Lastwear Gift Certificate, and the option to buy a limited edition Pinkerton or Teasdale Vest available only to backers of this project.
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
4 backers Limited (11 left of 15)
3D printed Amber Guard Logo Cufflinks plus an official letter of "Narative Truth and Acuracy" from the Historium and the option to buy a limited edition Pinkerton or Teasdale Vest available only to backers of this project.
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
3 backers Limited (7 left of 10)
Official letter of "Narative Truth and Acuracy" from the Historium, and $75 Lastwear Gift Certificate, and the option to buy a limited edition Pinkerton or Teasdale Vest and matching Hakama or Steeplejacks available only to backers of this project.
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (9 left of 10)
For this level you will receive a limited edition Pinkerton or Teasdale Vest and 25% of all Lastwear goods for 1 calendar year.
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
2 backers Limited (3 left of 5)
The Full Dandy. You'll get a limited edition Pinkerton or Teasdale Vest , Limited edition Steeplejacks or Hakama, a one of a kind Dress shirt and a Pair of Amber Guard Cuff-links.
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
Tailors at Arms. You get everything in the Full Dandy plus we'll build you custom patterns from your personal measurements which will be kept on file with us and used to tailor all future purchases to your exact measurements. We will write you in as a character in the Last World Story, you will receive a "Letter of Narrative Inviability" from the Historium and you will be the Guest of honor at one of our live performance shows where we will literally sing your praises.
- (43 days)