A new record. A new vision. I wanna cast my net wider.
I'M MAKING A NEW RECORD!
I am an independent musician about to record my 4th full-length record and I would love to do some things that I've never had the budget to do before like pay for my very first RADIO CAMPAIGN. In the past, every ounce of funds has gone towards just getting the record made and out. I've just never had the extra money to do some of the things that, really, are important to having a record find a wide listening audience. As well, many of the musicians and studios I've worked with over the years have given me a lot of time and energy on a dime because they have believed in my music. But this time, I need to push things farther. I'm gonna dream a little bigger.
And I can only do this with your help.
I have been saving for some of the basic studio costs I have but besides funding a radio campaign I am still in need of what it takes to package and promote this new record to its fullest.
On May 27th, I fly back to NYC to record once again at The Maid's Room. I wrote and recorded songs like "Build You Up" and "Lost and Found" at this studio. Here is a recent and really great article about the studio: http://www.sonicscoop.com/2012/05/13/secret-studio-the-maids-room-is-nycs-analog-recording-magnet/ I'll be there for 7 days or so hammering out 15+ songs. And I'll be posting some updates from the studio here so be on the lookout!
My music has been steadily gaining a wider audience over the last couple of years thanks to some terrific TV placements on shows like Flashpoint, Smallville and the mini-series Cyberbully. In support of my first Kickstarter, the producers at Flashpoint have sent over a bunch of signed DVDs that are part of my incentives package!
I have never been on a label. I am a totally independent songwriter who is completely dependent on YOU. In this campaign, even at the $1 level you will receive a complete digital download of the new record. Even at the smallest contribution, I want you to walk away with music in your ears. It's the best way--the only way, really-- I know how to thank you for bringing me along even this far and giving me the chance to make music.
Consider supporting my project and helping me to cast my net even wider. I am beyond excited about the songs on this new project and I think you will be too.
In celebration of this Kickstarter campaign I'm releasing my very first music video to my song Days Like This. The biggest thanks to photographer Michael Wilson and editor Matt Davis for helping me put this together.
Enjoy and please help spread the word! Every little bit counts!
Official Days Like This video: http://youtu.be/xN-hiLXaLTg
Michael has photographed some of the most amazing musicians including: Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, David Byrne, Ry Cooder and and Danny Elfman among a heap ton of others. You can find more of Michael's artist portraits here: http://www.michaelwilsonphotographer.com
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
May 22, 2012 - Jun 21, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $1 or more
---DIGITAL DOWNLOAD--- get an advanced digital download of my new record! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $10 or more
- DELUXE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD - A new tier!! get the entire record digitally and also receive a PDF of all the lyrics (handwritten), behind the scenes photos, outtake photos, etc. (( All those who have already donated $10 or more will get this tacked onto their reward!! If you've already donated but you're less than $10 then you can increase your pledge to receive this! ))Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $25 or more
- KICKSTARTER BACKER'S VERSION CD (signed by KT) - We're doing a version of the CD that's exclusively for Kickstarter backers like YOU. I'm working with a designer that's gonna help put together a package that will only be available to all of you early-on Kickstarter contributors. Also includes advanced digital download!Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $55 or more
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE LIMITED RUN LOVE'S A DOG POSTER and AN UNRELEASED SINGLE - In the fall, I'll be releasing another music video in collaboration with Frisch's Marionette Company here in Cincinnati, Ohio. We will be designing an exclusive poster based on the video and we won't be making many of them! ALSO! Pledge this amount or more and get a free download of the unreleased single, Save My Life. This reward also includes our specially designed Kickstarter version of the CD and an advanced digital download. (Find more about Frisch's Marionettes: www.frischmarionettes.com)Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $75 or more
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE T-SHIRT - a Kickstarter backer's exclusive t-shirt designed by my son, Griffin. The t-shirt is designed around a song that will be on the new record called, LOVE'S A DOG. Also includes exclusive Kickstarter version of the CD, my unreleased single, Save My Life, Love's A Dog limited run poster, plus a digital download of the new record.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $150 or more
6 backers All gone!
-- SIGNED FLASHPOINT DVDs - The producers of the CBS show Flashpoint have used a lot of my music through the years (Build You Up, Days Like This, Lost and Found, You Can Rely On Me) and have been awesomely kind enough to support this Kickstarter campaign by donating a handful of signed DVD's. This is a LIMITED offer! Also receive an advanced digital download of the new record, signed KS exclusive CD, Love's A Dog t-shirt, Love's A Dog limited run poster, and a free download of my unreleased single, Save My Life.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $300 or more
- DAYS LIKE THIS VIDEO SHOOT PHOTO by MICHAEL WILSON - receive an exclusive photo from the Days Like This video shoot signed by photographer Michael Wilson and myself. Also receive Love's A Dog t-shirt, Love's A Dog limited run poster, TWO Kickstarter versions of the record, the unreleased single Save My Life plus an advanced digital download of the new record.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $500 or more
8 backers Limited (2 of 10 left)
- HANDWRITTEN LYRICS AND DRAWING- my partner, Daniel, is not only a muse for my songwriting but is also an amazing artist. So, as our first official collaboration together, I will hand write you lyrics of any song of mine and he will put his magical ink and watercolor drawings into it. You will walk away with a really cool, one-of-a-kind piece of art that you can hang on your wall. This incentive also includes all of the above (see $300 rewards) PLUS listing as an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER on the record.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
- USB DRIVE OF KIM'S ENTIRE CATALOG IN A HAND-CRAFTED CASE BY ARTIST AMY BOGARD- Woah! Receive a USB drive with all 5 records (So Black, So Bright; Extended Play; I Feel Like A Fading Light; The Greatest Story; and Little Miracle), exclusive behind the scenes photos, video footage and interviews from the new record sessions in NYC, plus two unreleased bonus tracks all in a handmade, one-of-a-kind case by Cincinnati based artist and friend Amy Bogard. Also receive all of the $500 level incentives including listing as an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. (Check out Amy's work here: http://www.amybogard.com)Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $2,500 or more
- HOUSE CONCERT ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S. - You create the set list and I'll come to you and sing it in your living room. Let's have a party! Also receive the USB drive with my entire catalog plus exclusive session photos and behind the scenes video (see above), TWO Love's A Dog t-shirts, TWO exclusive Kickstarter versions of the CD, Love's A Dog limited run poster, a signed Michael Wilson print, an advanced digital download of the new record, the unreleased single, Save My Life, AND listing as an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. YAHOO!!!Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $3,500 or more
- KIM WRITES YOU A SONG - I will write you a song. It will be yours to keep. You can even tell me what you want it to be about. I'll also come to your house and sing it for you along with any other songs of mine you want me to sing. So you get a house concert too! Also receive USB Flash drive with handmade case (see above), TWO Love's A Dog t-shirts, THREE exclusive Kickstarter versions of the CD, a signed Michael Wilson print, Love's A Dog limited run poster, a digital download of the new record, the unreleased single, Save My Life, AND listing as an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. And the biggest, tightest hug ever. From me.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012