A new play about love, unemployment, and Gchat. Written & directed by John Krizel. Capital Fringe Festival, July 14-29, 2012.
Here are some things you should know about our play:
1) It's called In This Economy. Topical.
2) No but seriously, it's quite topical. Here's why:
- It's about unemployment. The most recent figures from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics put the unemployment rate at 8.2% of the labor force, and 100% of the people who are me.
- It's about love. While the US Bureau of Labor Statistics has not yet released the "love rate" this year, we have seen a lot of people holding hands on the street lately.
- It features Gchat. Everyone's on the Gchat these days.
3) It's being performed at the Capital Fringe Festival this July. (July 14, 15, 18, 20 and 29, to be exact.) We're psyched. (Tickets go on sale June 18! IT'S ALL HAPPENING.)
This is where you come in. We're kind of doing this on our own here (that is, we're not backed by a big fancy theater company), and as such we're quite poor.
We're cutting corners where we can: rehearsing in our garage, renting used and potentially dangerous equipment, pulling off a thrilling heist of a local bank with the help of a psychotic criminal mastermind nicknamed "The Joker." (OK we're not doing those last two.)
But we really want to (a) put on a good show, and (b) make sure that lots of people come see it. That means (a) paying talented people for their contributions, and (b) advertising the show to anyone who will listen. We're hoping that this Kickstarter will... well, kickstart our efforts to do those things, and more!
So! Donate whatever you can. Check out our rewards for donating (they're largely poetry-based). Stay tuned for updates along the way. Help us make In This Economy happen. Thanks so much for your help!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
You'll receive a personalized thank-you haiku. (Note: if you reside in the greater DC area, your haiku may be hand-delivered.)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
You'll receive a personalized, possibly hand-delivered thank-you haiku AND "special thanks" in our program.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
You'll receive "special thanks" in our program, a free 24-ounce can of Arizona iced tea courtesy of writer-director John Krizel, AND a personalized, possibly hand-delivered thank-you poem in the style of your choosing.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
You'll receive "special thanks" in our program, a personalized, possibly hand-delivered thank-you poem AND a free meal, courtesy of writer-director John Krizel, at any Cheesecake Factory in the greater DC area.Estimated delivery:
- (59 days)