SUCCESS!!!! YOU DID IT!
Hallelujah everybody -- I am so thrilled to say that Matt just got us across the finish line. We have done did it!
(And there may still be a couple more pledges coming in in the next 2 days:))
I can't say enough about how grateful I am for all the support. It was and remains a moving experience. Moving because the external pressures are presently so great; and the odds are so great; and time -- too little of it -- is the adversary. But, by coming through for me, you validated my work as writer, no matter what. That's why it's moving. The beautiful validation.
Matt, who is hilarious, has been going around quoting Mrs. Compson from Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury. Mrs. Compson was one of those extremely self-pitying people who felt that she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. The line is, "Nobody knows how I dread Christmas. Nobody knows. I am not one of those women who can stand things."
In a perfect Mississippi drawl, Matt has been going around saying, "Nobody knows how I dread Kickstaaaahter. Nobody Knows. And I am not one of those women who can stand things."
I guess I became Mrs. Compson during the adventure -- it was so anxious-making! You just didn't know from one minute to the next whether you were going to make it or not. Nobody knows!
Yabbadabbadoo, I can't wait to now get you incorporated as minor characters into the manuscript and to get Don't Sit Here to your door. Will start setting up the readings for the fall after it's in some stores. More on this asap.
I will stop here. As you can see for yourself, you have made this book become a reality. And I thank you from corners of my heart that I didn't even know I had.
Sending love, always,
Elisabeth/ Shack/ Shacks
(Snow-Lovers Photo by Alan Chaniewski)
Susanna and Francis Taylor meet on a park bench in Central Park in the 1940's. They don't exactly hit it off at first. They annoy one another.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
1. YOUR NAME on the COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU page of the book. (And, If you see stuff that needs fixing, I'll credit you for hawk-eying.) Thank you so much!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
1. + 2: FREE COPY OF DON'T SIT HERE Thank you, Thank you.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
1. + 2. + 3: YOU WILL BE A CHARACTER IN THE BOOK. (This will be a minor character that could be anyone from the postman to the doggie. e.g. "Jenny, have you seen Kira Potter?" Thank you, thank you, thank you.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $49 or moreYou selected
1. + 2. + 3. + 4: FREE TICKETS TO A LOCAL READING.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
1. + 2. + 3. + 4. + 5: RESERVED FRONT SEATS TO A READING. Thank you for this excellent news.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
1. + 2. + 3. + 4. + 5. + 6: READING AND DINNER WITH YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS IN YOUR HOME or AT YOUR FAVORITE NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANT. (Offer is good through May 2013. Trips abroad carry certain terms and conditions.) You have made my dreams come true.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)