Sideshow @ Actors Bridge will present the Nashville premiere of a darkly comic play about the end of the world -- and fish!
The Sideshow Ensemble @ Actors Bridge will mount the Nashville premiere of BOOM by Peter Sinn Nachtrieb on June 14- 17th in the Belmont Black Box Theater, but we need your help to do it. This year we brought you the first Nashville Fringe Festival and the Nashville premiere of The Flu Season by Will Eno, and now we want to end our season with a bang! I mean, BOOM!
What is BOOM?
"Sex to Change the Course of the World" -- A grad student's online personal ad lures a mysterious journalism student to his subterranean research lab under the pretense of an evening of "no strings attached" sex. But when a major global catastrophic event strikes their planet, their date takes on evolutionary significance and the fate of humanity hangs in the balance. Will they survive? What about the fish in the tank? And who is that woman pulling all the levers and playing musical instruments? An epic and intimate comedy that spans over billions of years, boom explores the influences of fate versus randomness in the course of one's life, and life as we know it on the planet.
Who We Are
Actors Bridge Ensemble has always taken risks on emerging talent. In 2011, the commitment reached a new level with Sideshow, an immersion training program comprised of 12 emerging resident artists.
Ensemble artists are selected by a panel of Actors Bridge ensemble members for their cross-disciplinary skills, potential for growth, commitment to ensemble principles, and dedication to the longevity of Actors Bridge. The inaugural ensemble is pleased to finish their ten-month training program with BOOM.
A contribution to our Kickstarter campaign will help us close the gap on producing BOOM, finish our first Sideshow Season with gusto, and create a place for emerging arts in Nashville. Specifically, your support will go to:
- Paying the playwright to produce his earth-shattering work
- Paying the Ensemble artists their fair end-of-the-world wages
- And purchasing creative supplies to offer the audience an immersive post-apocalyptic experience
The Ensemble (aka Freaks)
Michael Redman - Primary Discipline: Tech Direction
“Since moving to Nashville last January, I have helped produce 11 productions, a Fringe Festival, and have been a part of over 250 performances.”
Jackie Johnson - Primary Discipline: Acting
“I don't understand sarcasm.”
Hayley Rose - Primary Discipline: Acting
“I used to be an anime kid.”
Mitch Massaro - Primary Discipline: Production Design
“I still play with action figures.”
Amanda Meador - Primary Discipline: Scenic Art
“As a child, my sister and I knew and could perform all of the lyrics and
choreography for most of the shows at Dollywood!”
Jessika Malone - Primary Discipline: Directing
“I was president of the Stamp Club in the 4th grade.”
Kat Hanrahan - Primary Discipline: Stage Management
“From age 4 to age 12, I firmly believed Elvis was my father.”
Julianne Snape - Primary Discipline: Dance
“I sometimes like to stand on furniture when I am talking on the cell phone.”
Erin Randolph - Primary Discipline: Stage Management
“I can make my fingers look like a river!!”
JP Schuffman - Primary Discipline: Directing / Writing
"...because it was in iambic pentameter!" is the punchline to several of my favorite anecdotes.”
Ricardo Puerta - Primary Discipline: Actor
“ I love the musicality of words.”
Additional Project Artists Include:
DJ Clark - Stage Manager
Enjoys spending time in the White House Rose Garden.
Kate Moncuse - Graphics Designer
Kate builds scenery exclusively in heels.
Special thanks to Joel Johnson for making this awesome video for us!
Let us know if you have any questions!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
-Your name will be listed in a special thank-you section of the program.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
- Your name will be listed in a special thank-you section of the program. - You will receive a hand-written thank you note from a Sideshow Ensemble member.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
- Your name will be listed in a special thank-you section of the program. - You will receive a written thank you note from a Sideshow Ensemble member. - An End of the World Survival Kit (includes paperclip, tampon, matches, towel, and a glow stick)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
- All of the above - BOOM poster signed by the cast. - Reserved seating at the show for the night on which you purchase tickets.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
- All of the above - Visit and watch a night a rehearsal with the cast and crew - 1 complimentary ticket to the show - Sideshow Fringe Festival t-shirt (trust us, they're really awesome)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $300 or moreYou selected
- All of the above - 2 complimentary tickets to the show - Sideshow Fringe Festival t-shirt - Special mention in the curtain speechEstimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
- All of the above - Pull “the lever”. On whatever night you attend the show, one of the characters will let you pull one of the levers that could affect the end of the world.Estimated delivery:
- (19 days)