Things have been quiet but we have been busy....
I am about to send out a series of updates because the subject are diverse, but we have some really exciting things going on.
Today I'd like to update you on the prototype which we continue to refine. We've made some changes to the Latch:
- We have increased the size fo the hole in the eyelet to accomodate larger rings and standard diameter web loops.
- We've added a slight undercut to the release lever to make it easier to open.
- Finally, we've added our logo to the flat space below the lever on the latch.
We've also made changes to the Lanyard to make it both more comfortable and more flexible:
- Instead of attaching directly to the Latch with the split ring, we now do so through a web "loop". We did so that the rigid ring doesn't interfere with your thumb as you hold the iPhone taut with the Lanyard.
- Moving the ring further back means you can attach other things to it which are then away from the iPhone when you're taking pictures or shooting video.
- The new Lanyard design now allows you to connect your favorite camera strap, or one from Etsy or other craft sites, via the loop to your Gymbl Latch & Case.
We've also decide to add colored cases!
There are three new colors including: white, a very bright pink and a very "KickStarter" green. If there is interest we may offer a special KickStarter version with a mixed Green & Black Case and a branded lanyard with their logo.
Because of the colors, we'll also offer a light gray version of the Lanyard to match the Latch.
I'll try to get some photos up on the site.
Any help you can give getting the word out would be greatly appreciated. We're down to the last two weeks and we still have a long way to go.....
pledged of $20,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on April 10, 2012.
Mar 1, 2012 - Apr 10, 2012 (40 days)
Pledge $15 or more
GOTTA GYMBL? - If you already have a Gymbl, Thank You! A $15 pledge will get you a machined aluminum Latch & Lanyard to go with your existing Gymbl Case, including shipping.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $30 or more
GOTTA GETTA GYMBL! - You’ll be pre-ordering your special edition Gymbl Case, Latch & Lanyard. Shipping in the US is included. Add $5 for Canada and $10 for other international locations.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $70 or more
GYMBL BUNDL - With a $70 pledge we'll bundle the Case, Latch & Lanyard with the Gymbl and include Manfrotto's Nano pouch to carry it. Shipping in the US is included. Add $10 for Canada and $15 for other international locations.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $100 or more
+GYMBL PRO BUNDL - With a $100 pledge we'll bundle the Gymbl Pro with the latch and lanyard and we'll also include a shoe adapter so that you can attach your iPhone to your SLR Camera and access a rich array of Apps and services. We'll also ship it to you in Manfrotto's handy Nano pouch. Shipping in the US is included. Add $10 for Canada and $15 for other international locations..Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $150 or more
GYMBL PANO - With a $150 pledge you'll be the first to get the Gymbl Case, Latch &Lanyard along with the new Gymbl Pano head that lets you quickly capture spherical panoramas and virtual tours with your iPhone. Add $10 for shipping to Canada and $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $250 or more
GYMBL PANO - TURNKEY - With $250 we'll add Kolor's excellent AutoPano Pro stitching software that you can use to quickly stitch and publish 360 degree virtual tours. Add $10 for shipping to Canada and $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $300 or more
GYMBL SUPR PRO - With a $300 pledged will ship our PRO BUNDL with a specially modified case to hold Schneider's excellent fish-eye and wide-angle iPro Lenses.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012