Hello onE Puck Backers!
Thanks again for your awesome support! Here's a quick update on what has taken place since the project ended a couple of weeks ago:
1) During the last few weeks of the project funding window, we were approached by even more big name investors and major retailers from all over the world. That means that when we take the onE Puck to production, we are likely to be making 100,000 at a time, in addition to the 1,300 or so that were ordered through the Kickstarter campaign. We have all of you to thank for bringing us the popularity it took to make that happen!
2) As many of you know, there is a 2 week hold on the funds after the project completes. That hold just ended a couple of days ago, so now we can access the funds and get to work.
3) Last week I made a scouting trip to the SF Bay area to start getting ready to set up our West Coast development team. A very good friend of ours is a partner in a really cool startup called Suaree (check it out at suaree.com), and they are going to help us out with office space and technical expertise as the project develops.
4) For the past week, we have been in the process of moving the offices of our sister company, Epiphany Solar Water Systems, to a much larger and nicer facility in the Lawrenceville area of Pittsburgh, PA. This is a huge step forward for us, as it will give us the prototyping lab space and production space we need to take both of these projects to market during the next several months.
5) In the middle of all of this excitement, we are in the process of ordering the T-shirts and window stickers we promised all of you.
So, although we have not done a great job of keeping you up to date for the past few weeks, we are moving forward quickly and aggressively to lay the foundation we need to take this project to completion. Within the next week or so, we will be settled into our new place, and we'll get back to the real engineering work. At that point, it will be our goal to provide you with regular updates on technical progress.
We will also be revamping our website and setting up a blog so all of the onE Puck backers can communicate and share in the progress.
Lastly, keep an eye out for emails asking for your T-shirt choice and size in the next several days.
Tommy Joseph and the onE Puck Team