The Light of Darkness is a beautiful indie side-scroller game, with action/RPG/plataform elements and based on a unique universe.
Brasileiros, entrem aqui para ver a descrição da campanha e recompensas em português.
Veja aqui um simples tutorial de como apoiar o projeto.
Veja aqui a descrição das features do jogo e elementos de game design em português.
Veja aqui Sobre a história dos personagens do game!
Ouça aqui a Música Tema Original!
The Original Music Theme! See here
Early iphone tests! / Primeiros testes no iphone! see here.
tLotD Universe(part 1) - Story of Some Characters see here.
List of Features and Game Design Descriptions see here.
The Game Project
The Light of the Darkness is an indie side scroller game with Action RPG/platform elements.The game takes place in a universe that have its own mythology, wildlife, culture and physics. The game have a retro appeal, with a sophisticated two-dimensional visual produced with beautiful paintings and many 2D special effects. But also It have a lot of complementary content that goes beyond the game.
The project has been developed with the goal of creating a deep, fun and beautiful game, but at the same time feasible to produce. In the fashion of the great games of past generations. We want to develop something that has artistic value and is remembered for that. The game is inspired in games such as Castlevania, Muramasa, Odin Sphere, Demon's Crest, Acrtraiser and others. It´s based on free exploration, Action RPG and history.
The game features five episodes, which is the minimum pledged for the development of the first episode where part of the game-play is seen in the trailer. More infos about game design aspects and features can be seen in the update here.
The intention of the universe of The Light of the Darkness is to explore a correlate relationship between the concepts of Light and Darkness by thematically constructing an environment that promotes dialectic consideration. We used provocative, intriguing and controversial themes such as racial, religious and social prejudice to illustrate dramatic character conflicts. In the universe we have created, there are creatures of Light and creatures of Darkness that have nothing to do with good and evil but just about how both sides live with its own differences.
Its a world full of conflicts, mysterys, and many dangers.
If you want to see more about the story, see this post about the characters of the game!
What support the project needs
The Light of the Darkness is currently in a pre-alpha playable demo. The project needs support so we can complete the game development, the way it deserves to be and with the quality to fulfill the public expectations. It is a challenging and difficult project given the type of art that the game presents, which consumes much of our time. Resources are needed in order to keep the professionals involved fulltime for several months.
How resources will be used
The minimum requested funding will be used for:
- Complete the development of the fist episode of the game (Zone of Oblivion) for PC/MAC
- Scale the game, more areas, creatures, spells, puzzles, gamedesign elements.
- Refine gameplay, animations and so on.
Exceeding the requested funding, resources will be used for:
- Hire a composer for music themes.
- Scale the game even more
- Creating animated cutscenes (like Heavenly Sword / Infamous cutscenes)
- Additional dubbing (for game menus and more)
- Creating the next episode: Desert of Sign (if funding reaches necessary cost). With another environment, creatures and gameplay.
- Port the game for iPhone/Android (if funding reaches necessary cost).
- Creating the third episode: Noprotone (if funding reaches necessary cost).
- Creating the fourth and five episodes (if funding reaches necessary cost).
(for pledges above $25 backer will get others episodes if funding reach necessary cost for each episode).
Here are some images of the printed rewards.
In the back is written in sansico: "It is a pleasure to thank you for becoming a backer of The Light of the Darkness project. Your contribution will help the Light and the Dark worlds to become reality. We will meet in the Zone of Oblivion ... Sephius"
The map shows locations cities and another information. Written in sansico. Printed in glossy paper.
Game Box (WIP):
The game box art is still a work in progress. The game box will come with a DVD with the game itself and a lot of game art materials like videos, concepts and more.
Since the game's documentation is entirely in Portuguese, it will need to translate the documentation in order for it to be available for backers outside Brazil. It is extremely welcome someone who is willing to collaborate with the translation process. This would make the material to be available sooner.
Backer reward related with physical shipping (post cards, posters, game box and so on) includes Brazil and US shipping. Another international backers should add an extra 2$ (post card) and $5 (map, poster) to their pledge to cover the cost of shipping internationally. Pledges above $50 do not need an extra cost.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
- Exclusive game art wallpapers e-mailed to you for thanking your support!
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
- Get The Light of Darkness Game on PC at launch! - Digital package with concept art and illustrations from the game. - Everything above.
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
- Get the original sound track! Listen the music theme in the updates section. Fist Episode will have about 7 original songs. We decided to have original songs even in the minimum goal. Backers who have pledge above $15 will get the OST too! - Everything above.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
- 1 postcards from 15 beautiful illustrations for you to choose from mailed to you address (Brazil or US shipping included. International orders, please see the FAQ for details). - Have your name in the credits of the game and websites. - Get "Sansico Light" and "Sansico Black" Fonts for you to write your own texts in Sansico Language. - Be eligible to get others episodes of the game at launch (if funding reach necessary cost for each one episode). - Everything above.
Pledge $30 or moreYou selected
- Get the game design documentation (GDD), handouts and others materials about the game development, projecting, planing and promoting. I like to share the experience we having in all the processes we working in this game. (this reward will be available fist only for Brazilians Students, see the FAQ for more information). - Everything above.
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
- 1 poster from 10 beautiful illustrations for you choose from mailed to you address - Exclusive printed world map written in Sansico mailed to you address. (Brazil or US shipping included. International orders, please see the FAQ for details). - Your name on the tombstones inside the game. (See the video) - Everything above.
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
9 backers Limited (11 left of 20)
- Be immortalized by having your face in a statue inside the game! You get to choose your own aspect, white or dark! (Backer need to send a picture of his face so we can use to draw the statue). - Everything above.
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
- Be a Beta Tester. Test the game before the launch. -Plus 5 posts cards or Plus 2 posters (Brazil or US shipping included. International orders, please see the FAQ for details). - Special items for you to use in the game! - Everything above.
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
Alternative $150 reward. You can get the Printed game box art in place the +2 Posters or +5 Post Cards (Brazil or US shipping included. International orders, please see the FAQ for details). Same others rewards given in $150 reward.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $300 or moreYou selected
- Have your logo on the Game Menu, Site and Blog with a link to your website - Printed game box art - Everything above.
Pledge $400 or moreYou selected
5 backers All gone!
- Have your logo on the opening screen with animation! We will produce a video spot (3´´) with your logo for using in the game opening screens! 2D or 3D animation, you choose! The video spot became your after. - Everything above.Estimated delivery:
- (40 days)