"T.O and From" is a multi-director feature film that aspires to show the many faces of our city. 7 Directors. 1 story.
T.O & From is a multi-director anthology that aspires to show the many faces of Toronto through short stories, told by the artists that live within its walls.
It paints pictures of love and identity, social ills and triumph, bonds and isolation, life-altering heartache and our uncanny ability to keep going in spite of it all.
It is not a dotted love letter. It's an unapologetic look at the place we call home.
Why is this film important?
This film’s importance is embedded in its global ideology: a diverse body of people coming together to share their dreams. This is a culmination of talent unseen in such breadth of identity and ideas. You are witnessing many roads intersecting towards one path. Grassroots filmmaking is the only means to truly tell these unique stories.
Right from its conception, “T.O & From” was created as an experiment in collective filmmaking, a demonstration of minds working together to create a larger narrative. We’ve sought to create an opportunity for aspiring filmmakers in our community to work in a collaborative manner, telling stories that convey a part of who they are.
In the end, the work featured in this film will combine the talents of more than 50 different individuals, exhibiting a fervent passion for their craft. This project aspires, not only to tell a story, but to further film culture within our community, and establish long lasting partnerships in an industry that can often focus solely on the prowess of the individual.
Where your money goes towards...
- The RED One is a stalwart of the HD realm and will allow us to create a beautiful, yet gritty, urban landscape. Unfortunately these guys come at a price.
- Our weapon of choice are Zeiss Utra Prime lenses. They provide beautiful, crisp frames but can also rack up a hefty price.
- Often overlooked, but undeniably critical, sound recordists are the unsung heroes of a film set. A dialogue driven, urban picture such as ours requires a crack recordist, armed with equipment that upholds the integrity of the words on the page.
- Colour correcting is the final stop on the path to creating memorable, cinematic images. It allows us to do the work of our crews/filmmakers justice, and add a finishing touch to their work. We are lucky enough to have access to top notch colour correction facilities, but need to pay for a good colourist to bring it home.
Feed your Crew
- Sometimes, amidst the talk of gear and creative vision the people who really make it happen can get lost in the mix. We want to make sure our people are well fed, well hydrated, and happy. This makes an environment great, boosts morale, and when it’s all said and done, contributes to the creation of great films.
Once "T.O & From" is completed, we take to the streets to bring it from us to you!
We've already planned an exclusive screening right here in Toronto, for all to see. In addition, DVDs will be made to make sure everyone can enjoy the film. Our final trajectory is the film festival circuit, where we have the opportunity to bring this portrayal of our home to the masses.
And finally there is the "T.O & From" Soundtrack (included in the AUTEUR package). We are working together with some really talented Toronto musicians to score the film.
Thanks for your support!
Music by BBNG - Toronto's Freshest Jazz Trio
Additional Footage by Jose Ongpin. Hey that guy's doing the poster too!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on August 5, 2012.
Jul 6, 2012 - Aug 5, 2012 (30 days)
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $5 or more
WEEKEND WARRIOR: Toronto Love. Good Karma.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $10 or more
UPSTART: A personal “THANK YOU” on our website + good karma.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $25 or more
CINEPHILE: Everything above + as a token of our appreciation, you will receive a copy of the official "T.O. & From" poster designed by Jose Ongpin.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $50 or more
YOUNG TURK: Everything above + enjoy "T.O. & From" from the comfort of your own home! You'll receive an HD digital download of our film + a DVD signed by the directors after its theatrical release.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $100 or more
TRENDSETTER: All the above! PLUS 2 tickets to a donors-only screening in Toronto, followed by a Q & A with cast and crew (travel and lodging not included) AND a hand-numbered “T.O. and From” screenprint poster designed by Jose Ongpin.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $250 or more
0 backers Limited (30 of 30 left)
AUTEUR: Everything up there ^ + a personal "Thank You" in our end credits + the exclusive "T.O. & From" Soundtrack!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $500 or more
0 backers Limited (20 of 20 left)
REVOLUTIONARY: All rewards above + you get a private visit to set (travel and lodging not included) + 2 VIP Tickets for the screening (benefits include open bar and cool lanyard that says "VIP") + a one-on-one meeting with a director of your choice in Toronto or via Skype + an ASSOCIATE PRODUCER credit in our film and on IMDB!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
1 backer Limited (9 of 10 left)
VISIONARY: All of that awesome stuff above, but now you're an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. You will get credited on IMDB, a signed poster, an exclusive postcard, and the directors will e-mail you a personalized list of our favorite spots in Toronto!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013