Seven million lights are needed to bring back the nation's largest, home decorated, holiday themed, extravaganza as seen on TV.
We've reached our goal! Or have we?
As you can see our Kickstarter goal was only $800 and it appears we've surpassed it but please, our project still needs your support. It will cost me $75,000 to replace the one million lights that were stolen from my property and damaged back in June. It has been like taking a step backward but I am encouraged by the support from my family and friends and I ask you to continue to support my project. I still have plenty of artwork from my collection to offer as rewards. Make it an early holiday present for you or a loved one. A gift of truly original art. Please pledge and thank you very much.
My name is Kenny Irwin Jr. and ever since I was a child, I've been devoting my life to my art and sculptures for people all over the world to enjoy in peace, love and harmony.
I'm probably best known for RoboLights, the countries largest home decorated holiday display on our four acre property located in Palm Springs California.
My light show has been featured on Home and Garden TV, The Learning Channel, ABC Television networks, and foreign TV stations as far away as Sweden.
I was also invited by late-night TV host, Conan O'Brien, to design the wildest Christmas set ever created for television...and I did. You can watch a clip of the telecast via the link below.
Since opening our home up for my light display, thousands of people have visited from all over the country...and the world. I've never charged a fee to enter and have only a donation box for those kind enough to help out.
Because of rising utility costs, the light show has been down for a few years and I am determined to get it running again in 2012. That is why I am coming to Kickstarter, and you, to help me to bring back the light show to the community and the world.
I'm trying to go green by replacing the 7 million current lights with LED lights and exploring the use of solar energy.( Over a million of them were stolen in June) My utility bills were running into 5 figures and that is why energy conservation is so important to bringing back Robolights to the public. It's not cheap, that is why I'm doing this in phases, one million lights at a time.
REWARDS link: www.KennyIrwinArt.com
As rewards for pledges, I am offering as much of my original art sculptures and drawings as I can possibly part with.
I have personally created all the art pieces and light displays myself. If i can raise funds through sacrificing my artwork on Kickstarter, perhaps I can hire some temporary art students who can help me in this monumental task and get the show up and running again by Thanksgiving 2012.
You will see many different and unique "Vision Skulls" I have created. No two are the same. Look closely to the different items inside many of the skulls. Other interesting art pieces with complete originality are my "Vision Hands". All done by yours truly, and each different from the rest. I like to put different objects inside my sculptures, like watches, chunks of crystal, feathers, or even Teenie Beanies. Some can weigh up to 15 pounds while others are light, depending what's inside them.
I've also added some new and cool scuptures called "Eyeball Boyds", "Eyeball Snails", "Eyeball Brains", and the newest in skulls, "Eyeball Skulls". Perfect holiday gift items.
I've also included a limited edition selection of my notorius holiday sculptures I lovingly call the "Nutcrackenators". During my appearance on Conan O'Brian, one particular Nutcrackenator was featured in length but cut out by the network sensors for.....I don't know what? That one is available as one of the Rewards.
I am also offering "exclusive" 3 year sponsorship of my Robosculptures. A sign with your name or company name will be displayed, prominately in front of each sponsored sculpture for every person who visits my show for the next 3 years. Those numbers will be in the thousands and many will be officials from newspapers, television stations, and travel magazines, not to mention our many visitors here in Southern California.
Pleae take a moment and check out the videos and look at the rewards I'm offering in exchange for your pledges. This is a lifetime of my art that I am offering, in exchange for our help.
To view all Reward selections, please go to: www.KennyIrwinArt.com
Thank you so much for your consideration and support.
To see all of the Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large, RoboSculptures,
as well as Vision Skulls, Nutcrackenators, Original Drawings, and other Reward categories, please go to the website: www.KennyIrwinArt.com
Kenny's RoboLights on The Learning Channel
Kenny's Holiday Creation on Conan O'Brien Show
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
1. HOLLY level: A personal email thank-you from Kenny Irwin, a great way to start the season.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
2. MISTLETOE level: An original artwork, holiday postcard signed by Kenny with his thanks. Plus reward #1Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
3. GINGERBREAD level: Kenny will give you a personal "shout-out" on a special episode of his "MicrowaveShow.com" on Youtube...plus Rewards #1 & 2Estimated delivery:
Pledge $65 or moreYou selected
4. SUGARPLUM level: A special fund-raising T-Shirt for 2012 with the slogan, "Yes, There is a SanMagnetron Claus" ", complete with photo of old St. Magnetron himself. plus Rewards #1,2,& 3.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
3 backers Limited (54 left of 57)
5. JINGLE BELL level: Your choice of one of Kenny's Bic ballpoint pen drawings, Limited Edition prints.Signed and authenticated by Kenny Irwin. See website for choices. Make sure you list the item number and name when you pledge. plus Rewards #1,2,3,4Estimated delivery:
Pledge $125 or moreYou selected
6. PARTRIDGE level: Your very own Kenny Irwin original "Eyeball Boyd" sculpture. They ain't Tweety but they'll be keeping an eye on you. Look on website for photos and description.Signed and authenticated by Kenny Irwin. plus Rewards #1,2,3,4, and 5Estimated delivery:
Pledge $175 or moreYou selected
7. TURTLEDOVE level: Your very own "Eyeball Snail". A new character just added to Kenny's array of wild and wacky sculptures. See website for more info and photos. Plus Rewards #1,2,3,4, 5, and 6Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
8. FRENCH HEN level: Life size, no two are the same. Own one of Kenny's "Vision Hands" for this pledge plus Rewards 1 thru 7. See website for photos and descriptions.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
9. CALLING BIRD level: Perfect gift for a Doctor, Psychiatrist...or someone who needs one, it's Kenny Irwin's "Eyeball Brains". Shake it and the eyes move. See website for photos and description. Plus Rewards 1 thru 7Estimated delivery:
Pledge $750 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (56 left of 56)
10. GOLD RING level: Nothing says Happy Holidays than your own personal "Vision Skull". Original, unique, and many to choose from. See website to pick your own. First come first serve. Make sure you include catalog number when you pledge. Plus Rewards 1 thru 7Estimated delivery:
Pledge $850 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (26 left of 26)
11. LAYING GEESE level: Kenny's newest creation...the "Eyeball Skull" . The eyes have it in this unique "must have" sculpture. See website for more photos. Plus Rewards 1 thru 7Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (26 left of 26)
12. SWIMMING SWANS level: Three (3) year sponsorship of one of Kenny's small RoboSculptures, complete with your name or company name, framed and displayed at the base of the sculptures for thousands to see and appreciate. They're not so small. Some are up to 8 feet tall. Go to website, pick yours, and include catalog number in your pledge. Plus Rewards 1 thru 8Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (11 left of 11)
13. MILKING MAIDS level: The wildest holiday gift ever.."The Nutcrackenator" Only 11 of them plus the one that was banned from the Conan O'Brien show. Pick yours out from our website and give number when pledging. Plus Rewards 1 thru 5.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (31 left of 31)
14. DANCING LADIES level: A 3 year sponsorship of any of the "medium" RoboSculptures that will feature your name or company name, framed at the base of the Sculpture. Many over 12 feet high. See website to choose and include cataloge number in pledge. Plus Rewards 1 thru 8.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (57 left of 57)
15. LEAPING LORDS level: For the serious art collector, or not. Kenny's Original Bic Ballpoint pen drawings. Never before offered for sale. Signed and authenticated. Over 20 years of selections. See website for choices and include catalog number with pledge. Plus Rewards 1 thru 10Estimated delivery:
Pledge $3,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (12 left of 12)
16. PIPING PIPERS level: 3 year sponsorship of a "large" RoboSculpture. Name or company name framed and displayed at the base. See website for choices and include catalog number with pledge. Plus Rewards 1 thru 10Estimated delivery:
Pledge $4,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
17. DRUMMING DRUMMERS level: The 3 largest RoboSculptures are hard to miss. When we say large...we mean it...you can't miss these on the tour. 3 year sponsorship with name or company name, with a large framed displayed at the base. See website for these limited choices Plus Rewards 1 thru 11Estimated delivery:
- (60 days)