American Idol/America's Got Talent Alum Dezmond Meeks records & promotes his first full length album.
Thank you for taking the time to check me out here on KickStarter and for allowing me to tell you a little bit about my goals, ambitions & dreams for the upcoming months ahead. Some of you may remember me from Season 4 of American Idol on FOX or more recently on NBC's America's Got Talent last summer. Although I was successful to participate in two of the largest shows in history, the reality of it is that the music industry is still an incredibly hard industry to make a definitive break into especially for more organic artists like myself today. However, where there's a will... there's a way.
Over the last few years I have managed to spin into motion a number of independent projects to make a lasting imprint on the entertainment industry in the coming months. Using my network of industry contacts, I have come up with a plan to create my own "Record Deal" complete with booking and distribution. This all begins with the release and promotion of my first independent LP. I have studied long and hard and taken my time at learned what it takes to make a longstanding career in this business and as I'm growing more and more in my understanding, I see up close exactly what it requires to turn the wheels. It takes more than an album of good songs. It takes relationships, networking and P.R. I'm currently collaborating with some amazing writers and producers on this record. Together their credits include: Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga and more. With a "Kick$tart" in the right direction, I will be able to:
1. Release 2 singles and music video's from September to December leading up to the release of my full length record on New Years Day 2013. One video to be shot by Thomas Ko (director of Celebrate) The other shot by SoulSpin Productions for market and release internationally as well as here in the states. The production, plot and quality of the two videos I am planning for will be pay homage to and be reminiscent of the stylings of Fred Astaire, Michael Jackson, and Bob Fosse. I've always been fascinated by "Smooth Criminal" and I intend to pick up exactly where he left off. I am excited to work with some amazingly authentic creative directors and choreographers who include Valerie Pettiford & Brain Friedman.
2. Employ a reputable Hollywood P.R. Firm to promote my record to all media and radio outlets.
3. Perform at The 22nd Annual Los Angeles Music Awards at The Key Club in Hollywood where I am currently nominated for two awards in the Electronic/Dance and Adult Contemporary categories. A performance at the Voting party held in September could guarantee a slide of votes for the main show in November 2012.
4. Attend the American Music and Grammy Awards where I am soon to become an official voting member of the Recording Academy. My recent connection through Charmaine PR Firm with The head of Nominations Department at The Recording Academy is sure to have a lasting impression on my direction in the industry. Red Carpet exposure at this kind of an event will guarantee a spike in web presence and sales almost over night and could potentially gain enough buzz for a nomination the next year. It's all about the press!!!
5. Tour and promote the record after it's release through the spring of 2013 supporting a charting artist. With the amount of exposure received through touring, booking multi city engagements independently will be a breeze.
Aside from the obvious points/strategies laid out above, I will also persist by attaining a radio promotions manager, developing new show's and show opportunities throughout the fall/winter and continuing to write with other artists/producers. Charmaine has a host of A-List Red Carpet events on the calendar that I will be attending throughout the fall and winter promoting the release of my record. Over the month of August and into the first half of September, I will be performing Live extensively in the Los Angeles area from the Lure Nightclub in Hollywood to Witzend in Venice Beach, The Charleston in Santa Monica and even in Las Vegas to promote the KickStarter campaign. There will be tickets comped for patrons to all shows for every level over a $50 donation.
Although this seems to be a list of ideas and endeavors easily in the hundred-thousand dollar mark or more, $25,000 is the minimal goal we're aiming for to set the wheels in motion and allow me to keep creating and inspiring all of you to do what makes brings you joy every single day.
I've got a ton of amazing prizes to give away to all of you for supporting me throughout this adventure including some pretty high end "gift bags" with tons of designer items from sunglasses, bracelets, a pair of my signature "Star Earrings", show tickets, theme park tickets, VIP Helicopter tours and more crazy stuff packed into each individual one.
My ultimate goal in this industry is to be CEO of my own Record & Film Company which I have branded as "Southern Royalty"... starting with my own music. I want to give more opportunity to musicians and artists from my home region who wouldn't ordinarily get the chance to connect with the mainstream audience on a global stage.
I hope you are as excited as I am about starting this journey of creative freedom. I promise that your contribution will not be in vain. I am honored to be a part of this movement.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Love & Peace,
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $25,000 goal
Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on September 3, 2012.
Jul 31, 2012 - Sep 15, 2012
Pledge $1 or more
Free mp3 of "FAME"Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $5 or more
Free Mp3 Download of "Fame" and "Top of The World" before it's released!Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $10 or more
Free Mp3 Downloads of "Fame" and "The Prince Of Soul" EPEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $25 or more
Free Downloads of "Fame", "The Prince Of Soul EP", "Music Is My Sanity" EP and "CINDERFELLA" LP.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $50 or more
Autograph Package- Autograph copy of Cinderfella upon it's release plus Tee-Shirt & Poster. Free Downloads of previous releases also included.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $100 or more
"Hollywood Gift Bag" Autograph Package plus Name or Business listed on website for a year.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $150 or more
"Bronze Gift Bag"- Sponsor plus free tickets for you and a guest to one of my shows near you... Plus I follow you for a year on Twitter Autographed CD w'poster included.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $200 or more
2 backers Limited (8 of 10 left)
Autograph Package, "Bronze Gift Bag" plus I'll make a video of me singing a song of your choice (within reason) and send it to you... AND a one on one 20min phone call. You can ask me anything you want :)Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $500 or more
1 backer Limited (9 of 10 left)
Autograph Package, "SILVER Gift Bag" plus dinner with me for you and a a guest along with two one on one vocal coaching sessions with me personally or via skype.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (20 of 20 left)
"Silver Gift Bag" Credit listed plus I hook you up NICE with nightlife entry/favor into some of the hottest nightclubs in America from New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami and Chicago. You will also receive one professional studio or live performance microphone used and bedazzled by yours truly. Each mic has been used by me either in the studio or live on stage.Estimated delivery: Dec 2012
Pledge $2,500 or more
0 backers Limited (10 of 10 left)
Super Star Package... "Gold Gift Bag" and I'll fly out to perform a private acoustic show for you and a group of your friends at a venue of your choice. (Travel & Lodging not included)Estimated delivery: Apr 2013
Pledge $5,000 or more
Executive Producer Package "Diamond Celebrity Gift Bag" ($2k value) Everything mentioned included, a part in one of the upcoming music videos plus a 2 day get-a-way VIP style with me in New York, LA, Vegas, New Orleans or Miami... Aaaaaand Executive Producer Credits. (Travel & Lodging only included)Estimated delivery: Dec 2012