A horror film that pays homage to the slasher genre; five friends going on a ski trip get lost and it's all downhill from there.
CHECK OUT OUR PROMOTIONAL TRAILER:
Five friends travel to Vermont for an end of college ski trip. When they end up at the wrong location and can't backtrack because of the intense snow and secluded surroundings, they decide to take shelter in a foreclosed house overnight. But when they wake in the morning, things are suddenly not quite what they seem and it's too late to turn back.
Summit is a feature film thriller that pays homage to the slasher genre in both its cliche set-up as well as its surprising originality. This film will be loved by horror film fans and newcomers to the genre alike. It works on a face value level as an exciting and eerie thriller that will shock, scare, and surprise you. But it is also a deeper film that explores human nature. It aspires to be a notable addition to not only the horror genre, but also independent cinema in general.
THE CREEPY HOUSE WE'LL BE SHOOTING IN
WHY YOU SHOULD BACK THIS FILM:
- The goal of this campaign is to raise $12,000. This may seem like a lot of money but it is nothing in the world of filmmaking. We worked out our budget and came to the conclusion that this is the absolute bare minimum needed to make this film happen. Your money will go towards equipment and location rentals, feeding and housing the cast and crew during production, props, wardrobe, make-up, transportation and other production expenses, as well as post-production expenses. Every dollar you give will move us one step closer to making this all possible.
- There are not many female directors in the horror genre, and certainly none who have gained recognition within it. By backing this project, you'd be helping to change this fact by helping one young woman make her directorial step into the genre.
- You'll be contributing to a really awesome film that will entertain you and so many others. You'll also be making all the pre-production work done by the crew and cast completely worth it. And you'll be making the dream of a young budding filmmaker making her first feature film come true.
- Production for Summit will commence in January of 2013. It will be submitted to major Film Festivals once it's complete (Sundance, Tribeca, Toronto International, to name a few). So here’s your chance to be part of something huge and exciting.
HOW THE KICKSTARTER PROCESS WORKS:
- If you decide to help, you pledge whatever you want in exchange for cool rewards. The more you pledge, the better the rewards!
- If we make the goal by the deadline, your credit card is charged what you pledged (but not until then). We get to make the movie, you get your rewards, and everyone's happy!
- If we don't make the goal by the deadline, your credit card is not charged, we get none of the money, you don't get any reward(s), and the world doesn't find out what happens in Summit!
The AMAZING PEOPLE involved in this film who have worked hard and need this kickstarter campaign to be successful:
Christina Raia (Writer, Producer, Director) Matt Gershowitz (Assistant Director, Editor) Christopher Carroll (Art Director, Associate Producer, Post-Prod Effects) Ryan Kramer (Associate Producer) And 12 more talented and committed crew members.
This team has made magic before: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1507946175/come-here-often?ref=live And can again with your help!
Lauren Ashleigh (as Jesse)
Emma Barrett (as Sarah)
Ricardo Manigat (as James)
Ryan Kramer (as Will)
Another way you can participate (other than backing the project) is to SPREAD THE WORD about the project! E-mail a friend, share it on facebook, post it to an online forum, tweet about it... any way you can get the word out is a HUGE help.
Feel free to ask any questions you have by using the "send message" link at the top of this page.
Thank you for your support!
SummitTheMovie.com (coming soon!)
EXTRA PROMISES: In addition to the rewards already listed for backers, we are also making some promises about what updates we'll do specifically for backers along the way!
- When we get to $6,000, we will post the entire 1st scene of the script as an Update exclusively for backers to read! It'll give you a glimpse into how the movie will begin and leave you anticipating how the story will unfold! Update 21!
- When we get to $9,000, we will post a video Update exclusively for backers to watch where we'll test out gory special effects that may be used in the actual film itself!
- When we get to $12,000, we will post a video of a table-read of a scene in the film with the entire cast as an Update exclusively for backers within 2 weeks of achieving our goal!
So be sure to become a backer and get these exclusive perks plus all the other cool rewards!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
A thank you shout-out from the SUMMIT facebook page, a special thank you in the movie credits, a copy of a signed photo of the cast and crew on-set after production wrap-up, a private link to watch Christina's 3 previous independent, festival-bound (short) films, an exclusive look at the first 3 minutes of the final cut of SUMMIT, and notification of distribution/screening/festival updates (all emailed to you).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
Prior reward + exclusive stills (still images of the actual film) from the set emailed to you; AND you get a basic DVD of the final cut of the film, and a copy of the storyboard for the film with an original signature by the storyboard artist (both mailed to you).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Prior rewards + a link to privately watch the first 10 minutes of the film before the final cut is released, and .mp3 files of the original film score emailed to you. You also get 1 ticket for a self-defense class with, triple black belt, Sensei Juan Jiminez. Help yourself or someone you know learn how to survive a horror film! (This reward is optional; travel and lodging not included.)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Prior rewards + a PDF of the screenplay emailed to you with a copy of the signed cover page by Writer/Director Christina Raia. You'll also get emailed a private link to watch the final cut of the complete film before DVD's are sent out!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
Prior rewards + DVD with special features, including: making of documentary, bloopers, deleted scenes, and director's commentary. And you'll get an invite to the first commercial local screening of the film (after exclusive premieres and screenings) and we'll send you a SUMMIT poster.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
Prior rewards + invitation (for two) to the private premiere screening with the cast and crew, where you'll mingle with the creative team and have an optional Q&A with Writer/Director Christina Raia. We'll also give you an original signed poster by cast and select crew and a SUMMIT t-shirt. AND you'll get a one-hour photo shoot session with photographer Christopher Carroll where you can have headshots, a school photo or any other kind of portrait, personal or professional, done for you (travel and lodging not included)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $750 or moreYou selected
Prior Rewards + a Skype meeting with any one member of the cast or crew of your choosing! You can pick his or her brain about Summit or discuss each other's goals & aspirations. Find out their biggest fear, their favorite movies. Make it a pitch session, discuss a film you want their opinion on, a film you want them to act in or help out with. Or it could even just be a casual conversation about each other's lives and hobbies because you think they'd be really cool to talk to. Either way, for $750 (or higher), a Skype session plus everything else listed under $750 is yours!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
Prior rewards + an invitation (for two) to the wrap party, where you will receive an ORIGINAL (not copied) signed screenplay and DVD by Christina Raia. You will also get an Associate Producers credit in the film and on IMDB (not an easy credit to get), which comes along with your own IMDB page (if you don't already have one) as an Associate Producer. (travel and lodging not included with wrap party invite)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
Prior rewards + an in-person photography lesson with Photographer Christopher Carroll and a (also in-person) Screenwriting session with Screenwriter & Director Christina Raia where she'll teach you the basics or go over one of your own scripts with you and offer feedback & advice. You'll also get a personalized hand-drawn portrait of yourself as any iconic horror villain or in any horror film scenario of your choosing by Storyboard Artist Shivanna Sooknanan. (we will travel up to 15 miles outside NYC for no additional cost or you can come to us in NY but travel & lodging not included)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
Prior rewards + the coveted Executive Producer credit in the film and on IMDB (same exclusivity and benefits as with Associate credit above, but even more so. Steven Speilberg is an Executive Producer; but he pays millions to get that credit on a movie. You can get it for 5 grand)! AND you'll be allowed to visit the set for a day during production! See how movies are made! Watch Christina bring her vision to life! Hang out with the cast and crew! See how we axe a character in the chest! Eat meals with us (assuming you're not too disturbed after the gory effects) and get to experience what it's like being on a low-budget independent set for a day! You can also have a non-speaking role in the film on the day that you visit! You'll also get an invite to all festival events! (travel and lodging not included for the set visit or the festival events)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
ALL PRIOR REWARDS (including Executive Producer credit but also credited in the Opening Credits of the film) + the actual one and only clapboard (slate) used on set during production of SUMMIT, autographed by Director Christina Raia, personally given to you by her during a one-on-one dinner after production wrap-up. AND lastly, if you have a short film that you want a creative, hardworking, passionate and fun director for, Christina Raia will be that director for you for no monetary compensation (if it's in New York or nearing States).(travel & lodging not included for dinner; the clapboard can also be mailed if the dinner is not wanted)Estimated delivery:
- (60 days)