Celebrating diversity and amity through the fusion of original dance, music and visual arts. But it takes money.
Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre’s public performances celebrate ethnic and ideological diversity through an exciting, intense fusion of original dance, live original music, and original visual art. CRDT also takes innovative after-school programs to minority communities, where the company brings arts experiences to underserved children for the fun of it and to help teach peaceful conflict resolution.
“New Works” is a showcase of original and innovative works featuring stunning live music and dance. With the intimate Hubbard Street Dance Center as its backdrop, “New Works” is a unique opportunity to explore new and original pieces. The goal is to help CRDT develop a library of works leading up to our annual Fall concert.
“New Works” also showcases the talent developing in our underfunded Youth Ensemble, in particular ensemble member, Benjamin Marshall, whose talent for music, dance and choreography would be remarkable for an adult, let alone a teenager. Launched by Artistic Director Wilfredo Rivera, the Youth Ensemble is part of CRDT’s ambitious plan to teach and to integrate promising young dancers into the company. This well-regarded and highly successful program has brought many great opportunities to Chicago’s underserved youth. The performance is one night only and will take place on June 23, 2012. But we need money to pay our choreographers, dancers, and musicians, or there will be no program.This year’s exciting “New Works will feature:
- Artistic Director, Wilfredo Rivera presents …De Suenos y Deseos…Of Dreams and Desires, a luscious dreamlike suite composed by CRDT composer Joe Cerqua, featuring vocalist Bobbi Wilsyn.
- CRDT’s rehearsal director Raphaelle Ziemba and Iraqi Composer/Vocalist Rachel Sarah Thomas collaborate in an untitled piece exploring the roles of women within our social fabric.
- CRDT resident company member Josh Pawelk’s reprises his piece based on Robert F. Kennedy’s speech after the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, with comments from Barack Obama, President of the United States. CRDT’s musical director Stu Greenspan will create a musical landscape.
- Sarah C. Fuller remounts “Dreaming of Home,” a romantic duet composed by CRDT artist Joe Cerqua.
- Mei Kuang Chen re-creates the dramatic and intimate, “Pedestal,” also to original music by Joe Cerqua.
- A premiere of “Café 1930: 2nd Movement,” newly choreographed by Raphaelle Ziemba. “CAFÉ 1930” is CRDT’s abstract tribute to the evolution of the tango through the 20th century. Music composed by Astor Piazolla, musicians James Sanders, Marcus Dunleavy.
- CRDT’s Youth Ensemble member, Benjamin Marshall and his company, Ultimatum, will be featured in an original piece choreographed by this very talented up and coming performer.
In order to launch our New Works project, we urgently need funds to cover:
- Studio rental fees
- Rehearsal fees for dancers and musicians
- Choreographer stipends
- Marketing costs
- Youth ensemble (Studio rental, transportation, stipends for rehearsal instructors)
$5,000 is just the tip of the iceberg. Any additional funds will help us to expand our currently unfunded Youth Ensemble, creating more opportunities for Chicago’s youth.
Example of a Matt Lamb painting ( please note, this painting is just an example and may not be offered as the Reward)
View a performance montage of last year’s New Works:
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
A personal thank you card snail-mailed to you!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or moreYou selected
We will email a package of MP3s of original Cerqua Rivera compositions!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (29 left of 30)
A DVD of our original concert from our Matt Lamb tributeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $60 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (19 left of 20)
A Cerqua Rivera original composition CD and a DVD of our original concert from our Matt Lamb tribute AND a personal message from from one of our Cerqua Rivera DancersEstimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
All other stuff plus invitation to sit in on a rehearsal with Cerqua RiveraEstimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (4 left of 5)
We will dedicate one of our new works to the person of your choice, provide you with space within the New Works program as well as mail you rewards from our $60 level!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
Original compostion will be comissioned in your honor.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,500 or moreYou selected
A personal dance class with a Cerqua Rivera dancer, program recognition, CD, DVD, dress rehearsal invitation.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
Program recognition, CR, DVD, dress rehearsal invitation, 2 tickets to a Cerqua Rivera production and Dinner with artists and directors of CRDTEstimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
A Matt Lamb original work. http://www.mattlamb.com/Estimated delivery:
- (60 days)