The upcoming book launch
Just wanted to send a quick update regarding what's been happening in Beto's world. There have been some pretty amazing developments.
Hopefully many of you have received your books and prints already. Recipe cards, aprons and ebooks are still forthcoming. I would love to know what you think and to hear that your package arrived okay (or that you are still waiting with bated breath). Leave a comment on our facebook page www.facebook.com/betosburrito or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our book launch is imminent – Sunday, October 16 here in Toronto, 2-6pm. If you're in town I would love to meet you and thank you in person. Feel free to invite your own networks and of course, little ones are more than welcome. Here's a link to share: http://eepurl.com/gio8T
At the launch I will be doing a draw for a free print amongst all our fans on facebook, so like that page if you want to be eligible. www.facebook.com/betosburrito Other contests are also in the works.
I've gotten so much help from several individuals and organizations lately. This is by far not a comprehensive list of Beto's friends (as it doesn't include all of you), but these folks have been particularly helpful over the past few weeks. Check out their own amazing projects if you have a bit of time.
Chipotle Mexican Grill – "food with integrity"; they're providing yummy burritos for our launch
Cobs Bread will be donating some other delicious edibles for the launch
Father / Daughter records & Jordan Lee of the band Mutual Benefit have donated a lovely track to use for our book trailer (how perfect are their names?). Jimmy Morris took the time to point me toward the perfect song and these lovely people.
- Bonnie Lui Events – Bonnie's been helping me with the event coordination, sponsorship requests and marketing
- Maurice Chang of Day for Two is lending his expertise with the book trailer & did some lovely camera work
- Ray Kao of The Work Republic is also providing valuable expertise & skillz for our trailer, as well as introducing me to all his friends!
- Robleh Jama of tiny hearts (family-friendly apps) has been helping me with big picture marketing, which led us to Chipotle... Be sure to thank him for the burritos!
- Victor Au of VA Photography will be doing photography and/or videography for the book launch
- Jessie Bonisteel will also be doing her photography thang at the book launch
Graven Feather gallery – providing the awesome venue for our launch and Erin Candela, one of the gallery's artists, who's donated a print for a giveaway
- CAMH Foundation who are helping us cross-promote the event
- and last but not least, Mark Staplehurst, my partner in crime for most things, who is not only the voice of reason in all this chaos but is doing a beautiful job with the special effects in our book trailer
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
A big thank you from Dad & me for supporting our project!
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
All of the above + an ebook version of Beto's Burrito (for ipad, nook, etc.)
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
All of the above + a kid-friendly burrito recipe postcard (a fun design of a recipe that you can make with a child)
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
All of the above + a copy of the book
Pledge $35 or moreYou selected
All of the above + a personalized inscription in your book to your kid of choice (or anyone)
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
13 backers Limited (37 left of 50)
All of the above + a signed, limited edition 11x17 print of your choice
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
All of the above + 1 adult-sized and 1 kid-sized Beto-themed aprons
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
All of the above + a handmade plush toy popsicle with wings (disclaimer: it only flies if you throw it!)
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (4 left of 4)
Beto Dream package: all of the above + an in-person or Skype reading of Beto's Burrito to a classroom, birthday party, your family at your kitchen table, the little ones at bedtime – whoever & whenever! + recipe cards for the audience
- (30 days)