Again, a reminder: if you have moved or are moving, NO WORRIES. We're going to send out the backer's survey when everything's ready, so we'll be able to get the address you want your stuff shipped to then!
So it's been two weeks since the book has been at the printer. We've gotten proofs of certain pages (they look so pretty, they were approved because they were so pretty) and things are moving nicely. Not quite as quickly as I would like, but not too slowly either. As soon as we have a delivery date I will share it here (and then book a flight to the States so I can start signing those bad boys!) The hardcover's being printed at the same place, so I can give you some HARDCOVER NEWS:
Here is some HARDCOVER NEWS:
- reversible dustjacket will look amazing
- BENEATH that dustjacket will be a faux-leather cover with gold foil printing: remove the dustjacket, and this book will look NOT UNLIKE a straight-up classy volume of Shakespeare you might've gotten if you hadn't spent your money on this crazy adventure instead!
- here is the dustjacket design that faces outward by default: what you're seeing is rear flap, back cover, spine, front cover, and front flap
- here is the other side of that dustjacket, a riff on the softcover cover:
Here is some AUDIOBOOK NEWS:
- final recording session is DONE. It's being edited together AS WE SPEAK.
- part of this editing is adding an original theme song (BECAUSE WHY NOT) and a few other cool audio cues (BECAUSE WHY NOT)
Beyond that, there's not much to report! I realized the other week that I still have one Kickstarter pledge unfulfilled (besides writing a sequel, for which RESEARCH AND PREPARATION WORK HAS BEGUN and I dare promise IT WILL BE TOTALLY NUTS) - I promised I'd make a pizza that looks like Hamlet!
This is exciting. I get to eat pizza in the future, you guys.
I'll post pictures.