Boston's Best Burlesque Troupe presents an evening of tributes to legendary burlesque performers.
July 8-16: Cambridge, MA: YMCA Theatre Buy tickets on-line or call (800) 838-3006
July 22 & 23: Portland, ME: Lucid Stage Website
The legends of burlesque are still amongst us in spirit. The Boston Babydolls Burlesque are re-creating a magical evening that never was, as classic burlesque performances are re-imagined and created fresh for modern audiences. See burlesque from high art (a Sally Rand inspired bubble dance en pointe) to low comedy, with all of the glamour, glitz, and sizzle of a night at Minsky's (without the raid). With new set pieces, costumes, and takes on original tunes, this steamy evening will have your pulse-pounding.
The Boston Babydolls, known for their high production values, re-imagine classic burlesque and update it for a modern world. Taking our cues from the gorgeous Victorian-era theatre we call home, we're reaching for the stars... and bringing those stars to you.
Our crazy ideas include:
1) Re-creating the famous "Oyster Girl" acts of New Orleans on stage. The cost of our giant oyster? Over $500.
2) We can't rebuild the burlesque palaces of old, but we can show you them with tons of lighting effects and video projections. Costs? Over $1,000.
3) Costumes, costumes, costumes... In burlesque, what you put on is just as important as what you take off – and we're all about taking it off. With more than a dozen acts, out costume budget tops $3,000. Rhinestones are expensive...and we use a lot of them!
4) Can't dance without music! We are using a combination of live and pre-recorded music throughout the performance. Cost? Over $1,000
And that's just the tip of the iceberg, the list goes on and on...
We need your help to offset the biggest budget show The Boston Babydolls have ever done.
Your money will go towards all aspects of the production. From paychecks for the actors, designers, and musicians, to the construction of sets, costumes, and props, to the marketing and outreach of the show, your donations will help bring this dream to life.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
An autographed 8"x10" picture of the cast taken by Kryztyna Haber of Vintage Girl Studios (http://www.vintagegirlstudios.com/)
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
An autographed 8"x10" picture of the cast taken by Kryztyna Haber of Vintage Girl Studios (http://www.vintagegirlstudios.com/) plus an autographed copy of the Madame Burlesque Souvenir program.
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
All of the above PLUS a "Madame Burlesque" T-shirt and your name listed in the Madame Burlesque Souvenir program
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
All of the above PLUS an orchestra ticket on a night of your choosing.
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (9 left of 10)
* Tickets for two for opening night, July 8, * Tickets for two to the after party at Tavern in the Square * A PERSONALIZED autographed picture from April March!
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
A table for four on a night of your choosing, four autographed 8"x10" pictures of the cast taken by Kryztyna Haber of Vintage Girl Studios (http://www.vintagegirlstudios.com/), and four autographed copies of the Madame Burlesque Souvenir program.
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
A table for four on a night of your choosing), your name in the Souvenir Program as an Angel, your photo with the cast, a complete set of the Madame Burlesque promotional photos taken by Kryztyna Haber of Vintage Girl Studios (http://www.vintagegirlstudios.com/), and four tickets to the post-show reception.
Pledge $2,000 or moreYou selected
A private show from The Boston Babydolls. Time and location to be determined.
- (58 days)