The Bay One Acts Festival (BOA) showcases the best short plays from the most exciting independent theatre companies in San Francisco.
WELCOME TO BOA
The Bay One Acts Festival (BOA) showcases the best of San Francisco theater. The festival features short plays produced by Bay Area independent theater companies.
- For over a decade now, BOA has gathered the most exciting local independent theater companies together in a dynamic, month-long festival that involves more than 70 local theater artists. Each company produces an original and adventurous short play by a Bay Area playwright.
- The festival creates an incredible instant theater community in San Francisco – building bridges between companies, cultivating connections between artists, and encouraging enthusiasm for the short play form.
BOA 2012 will open on April 22 at the Boxcar Playhouse at 505 Natoma Street in San Francisco. Dates: April 22 - May 12, 2012. Complete schedule available at www.bayoneacts.org
BOA 2012 features an exceptional group of playwrights, directors, producing partners, designers, actors, stage managers, and artists.
- Over the last 11 years, BOA has featured some of the hottest local playwrights working today. This year, we are proud to showcase the work of Anthony Clarvoe, Erin Bregman, Christopher Chen, Ken Slattery, Megan Cohen, Stuart Eugene Bousel, Bennett Fisher, Sam Leichter, and the devised work of 11th Hour Ensemble and Ragged Wing Ensemble.
- Our producing partners for BOA 2012 are: Playwrights Foundation, PianoFight Productions, Precarious Theatre, Sleepwalkers Theatre, No Nude Men, SF Theater Pub, Instrumental Theatre, Threshold, Ragged Wing Ensemble and 11th Hour Ensemble.
- Our BOA 2012 directors are: Jessica Holt, M. Graham Smith, Jill MacLean, James Mayagoitia & Megan Trout, Claire Rice, Rob Ready, Ariane Owens, Sara Staley, Amy Sass, and Paul Cello.
To learn more: www.bayoneacts.org
Theater festivals cost money. Not only do we have the typical expenses any theater producer would have when producing: space, materials, marketing and promotional materials, and stipends for participants but we have all of that times 10.
10 little shows means 1 BIG FESTIVAL.
If we raise this goal, we will be able to pay EVERYONE involved.
By “pay everybody,” we mean actors, directors, writers, producing partners, production staff and designers.
Your money will go straight towards paying for:
- OUR PEOPLE. So we can pay our actors, directors, producing partners, designers, production staff and our playwrights for their awesome writing.
- SPACE. We can pay our rent. Yep. That's right.
- MATERIALS. Paint, scenic pieces, and all of the various sundries (glue, string and tape) that make our festival look pretty.
- THE BOA ANTHOLOGY. We can print an amazing book that features all 10 plays showcased in the BOA 2012 Festival.
- POSTERS AND POSTCARDS. So we can spread the word.
- AND SO MUCH MORE.
In return for your support, we have dreamed up some amazing rewards for you at every pledge level.
- We have hot rewards available at every level making it possible for you to be a BOA partner regardless of your financial position.
- Especially exciting is our $50 reward. For $50, you will receive two tickets to any BOA performance of your choice, a reserved seat to that performance or performances, the BOA anthology, as well as our endless gratitude. This is a great reward that provides you with cheaper reserved seat tickets than will be available for regular purchase.
- If you pledge at the $100 level, you will receive all of the great stuff above, plus one of our playwrights will write you a poetic ode to be performed in your honor at a performance of your choice.
Check out our rewards and pledge today!
Thank you for supporting adventurous theater.
April 22 - May 12, 2012 See our website www.bayoneacts.org for more information!
The Boxcar Playhouse, 505 Natoma Street, San Francisco, CA
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
Mar 14, 2012 - Apr 14, 2012 (31 days)
Pledge $10 or more
You will receive mad love and endless gratitude from all of the 80+ BOA theater artists with a special shout-out in your honor in the Twittersphere and in the BOA 2012 program!Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $25 or more
You will receive all of the mad love and endless gratitude above AND a copy of the BOA 2012 anthology which includes all of the play texts featured in the BOA 2012 festival.Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $50 or more
50 backers All gone!
You will receive all of the fun stuff above plus TWO reserved seat tickets to see any performance of the BOA 2012 festival.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $75 or more
You will receive all of the fun stuff above plus a beautiful specialty print of the BOA 2012 poster.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $100 or more
You will receive all of the fun stuff above plus one of our playwrights will write you a poetic ode in your honor to be performed by one of the BOA 2012 participants at a performance of your choosing.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $200 or more
You will receive all of the fun stuff above plus special drinks with the artists after the performance hosted by Artistic Director Jessica Holt where you will get a behind-the-scenes look at the magic of BOA.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $350 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
A Date with the Dumplings! Yes, those pink-clad little sacks of meat are back for round two in BOA 2012's Three Little Dumplings Go Bananas! And now YOU can go out to dinner with these adorable little terrors and dissect every little thing about them. Ew. Gross. But also...awesome.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $500 or more
You will receive all of the fun stuff above plus a short 5-minute play written just for you by one of the BOA 2012 playwrights around a theme or topic mutually agreed upon by you and the playwright.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $800 or more
You will receive all of the fun stuff above plus your own copy of a very special outtakes reel revealing the hijinks and antics of all of those amazing players involved in making BOA happenEstimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
You will receive all of the fun stuff above plus your specially commissioned short play will receive a reading in the BOA 2012Estimated delivery: May 2012