The update Gotham needs
Howdy! Some folks were (rightfully) wondering what we've been up to, so we've exited our hyperbaric work chamber to decompress a bit and give everyone an update. We hope you'll be happy with what you hear!
- We got an Epilog laser! This thing is the bee's knees. A couple days into the Kickstarter campaign we decided everyone should get one of our wooden coins. Little did we know we were putting ourselves on the hook for about 8000. The only cost effective way to make these was to get the equipment ourselves. This (relatively) little guy is great to have on hand for prototyping. The video above is a test run.
- Remee has moved production to larger facilities better equipped to deal with the volume - not to mention better equipped to make a product we're proud to send. There were some quality concerns with our original manufacturer that started to manifest themselves when our sample orders got larger. This *has* set us back a bit, but nothing to be too terribly concerned about. We weighed our options and decided that, in the end, most people would rather wait a bit longer for a quality product anyway. We hope you'll agree.
- We've removed some of the weight from the circuit board and even added an *extra* flexible hinge in the middle. Our mission from the beginning was to make a mask you wouldn't even know had electronics in it. We got pretty darn close! The electronics are now so low-profile and flexible that we were able to remove a layer of foam from the inside, making the mask lighter, more breathable, and easier to wear while sleeping.
- The heavy zig-zag stitching on the top front has been removed - it was a necessary evil that was disguised as a design element. Thankfully better methods have allowed us to eliminate it altogether.
- We found some low-profile, strong 3/4" hook-and-loop closure that we're happy with. That means Remee's strap is now adjustable without having a bulky hump that might cause discomfort while sleeping. We've been sleeping with the new strap for a while now and can report that comfort was not affected whatsoever!
- We've been toying with a new light pattern - most of our patterns have been very steady back-and-forth, in-and-out type patterns, but Duncan in particular has had a lot of success with 'Scatter' - which is more or less what it sounds like. This is a great example of why having pattern options is good - different patterns may work better for different people.
That's all the news that's fit to print. We'll be back as soon as we have more to say. Thanks, everyone, for your support!
Duncan & Steve
pledged of $35,000 goal
seconds to go
Apr 3, 2012 - May 18, 2012 (45 days)
Pledge $1 or more
THANK YOU. We are passionate about bringing Remee to market and helping people lucid dream, and every pledge helps.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $5 or more
Remee wooden coin! Laser cut by us in Brooklyn, a great reality check token and even better conversation piece. Continental US only. Thank you for your support!Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $15 or more
Meticulously chronicling your dreams is one of the best known ways to help increase lucidity. Patrons at this level will receive a handsome Remee dream journal printed on 100% recycled paper. Pen included. Includes shipping to the continental US. Add $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $80 or more
Congratulations! You've just ordered one Remee in the color of your choice. Increased lucidity is just around the corner! Thank you for supporting our project. Includes shipping to the continental US. Add $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $100 or more
Space-age Congratulations! One Remee "Space Exploration!" Limited Edition in the interstellar print of your choice will soon be in your hands! When you are gliding serenely above the rolling plains of a far distant planet, think fondly of us. Includes shipping to the continental US. Add $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $140 or more
Thanks to our wonderful partners, we are able to offer the option to have your Remee look however you like! Simply provide us with a high-quality image and we'll do the rest. Thank you for supporting Remee! Includes shipping to the continental US. Add $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $160 or more
The Twofer, for those of you who asked what to pledge to receive two Remees. Includes shipping to the continental US. Add $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $180 or more
The Space Twofer - One Limited Edition Space Remee, one standard Remee. Includes shipping to the continental US. Add $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $220 or more
The Connoisseur - One Custom Remee and one standard Remee. Includes shipping to the continental US. Add $15 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $700 or more
Friends & Family package! Order 10 standard Remees and you'll save $100. Bring lucid dreaming to everyone in your house, on your block, or in your cult. Just kidding. Seriously. No cults, please.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012