Ten Reasons Artists Should Join ArtMuse Online Gallery
1. Why we don't charge viewer subscription? Most standard software is now free, phone apps are free, online services are free, etc. That is simply how the global consumer market has shifted as technology has proliferated. Things have shifted and we need to shift with them. For example, after getting my Pandora music for free, I was pretty annoyed by having to register on their site and pay even a nominal 99 cents every month. And I know I was not alone. Now that they are free again, I use Pandora 24/7 and promote their service at every turn (like right now). I feel strongly that in order to become viable, we cannot ask viewers for a fee if we want this model to gain steam.
2. You built an expensive website - now what? Are you entertaining people to get their attention? You should be! Consider how potential patrons are finding you - or not finding you. Do people currently see your work at home, in the waiting room at the service center, and at their favorite wine bar? How many hits has your site received over the past 12 months? We're offering that missing link.
3. ArtMuse is a promotional site. Now, like Pandora, ArtMuse is an entertainment site. That is where the similarity ends. We create the desire for the real thing, which cannot be replicated through our service and cannot be purchased anywhere but from you. We are here to introduce your work to the world. We provide immediate and direct access to your site to make the sale. Even Pandora would not offer that to their musical artists.
4. We are not here to replace your art with it's own digital image - in fact, each of the images is watermarked by us to ensure it will not be replicated. This is why viewers will leave our site to go to your site.
5. We don't saturate the market with 'like' work. Every artist chosen is done so with the an appreciation for their unique qualities, whether it be the subject matter, medium, geographic location, etc.
6. ArtMuse IS the social media site. While enjoying your work on the ArtMuse.TV site, viewers can share your work with their friends via FaceBook and Twitter immediately. What other online service is going to provide that kind of exposure?
7. Use your marketing dollars optimally. Are you attending the art fairs again this year? Opening your gallery and serving beverages? Sending out print mailers? Hiring sales staff? We will promote ArtMuse.TV via social media, online media sites such as radio websites, entertainment sites, print and online art journals, cutlural event programs, etc. at no further cost.
8. ArtMuse is not trying to replace the gallery. There will always be a need for in-person showing and god be willling, we'll always have art professionals doing the great work they do for artists. ArtMuse was created to get the art into the homes, businesses and public spaces so ordinary people, dare I say 'the 99%' like us KNOW what we like. KNOW what is available. KNOW the artists whose work hangs on our walls.
9. We don't collect any commission. We do not exist by individual gallery sales. And we work with both individual artists, artist's reps, and collective galleries representing a number of artists. This works because our artists decide which weblink to use on the ArtMuse Online Gallery site.
10. Don't you want to be part of the revolution in art promotion? Over the last seven years, while developing ArtMuse.TV, we've paid close attention to how to build this site - while waiting for technology and the consumer market to catch up with this idea. Now that the internet has become the new entertainment source, and consumers understand the capability of internet entertainment on their large screen TVs, we can launch this. And I'd like some of you to join us. If you are a professional artist or are currently pursuing a career as an artist in the mediums of print, photography, paint or mixed media, we'd love to here from you.
Thank you for your interest!
pledged of $12,000 goal
seconds to go
Dec 14, 2011 - Jan 13, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $15 or more
Exclusive sneak preview to the ArtMuse site before the March 2012 launch. Watch as we add your future favorite artists.Estimated delivery: Jan 2012
Pledge $25 or more
ArtMuse 'Contributor' name acknowledgment. Great Holiday gift for the art lover!Estimated delivery: Jan 2012
Pledge $45 or more
Custom 10' ArtMuse HDMI cable for plug and play HDTV access.Estimated delivery: Jan 2012
Pledge $60 or more
Acknowledgment on your favorite art image.Estimated delivery: Jan 2012
Pledge $100 or more
ArtMuse scholarship for one student in your name. Support an artist from the country/region of your choice.Estimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $200 or more
Two tickets to the ArtMuse launch party. Celebrate!Estimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $250 or more
QUALIFIED Artists can join ArtMuse at half the regular price. Please contact me before you pledge.Estimated delivery: Jan 2012
Pledge $500 or more
Art scholarship for five students. Receives 501C3 tax benefits.Estimated delivery: Jan 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
Place on the ArtMuse curatorial panel. Receives 501C3 tax benefits.Estimated delivery: Jan 2012