By now almost all of you should have received at least something from me. Still waiting on a few additional items and then it's nothing but fun stuff (additional stretch rewards, etc). If you want in on the YouTube thank-yous, please send me your info/survey responses by the end of the month!
A bunch of little things/in other news...
1. For those backers who asked to be added to my mailing list (and/or who want to join now):
I won't be adding you. Not because I'm mean, though maybe I am mean. But I'm going to ask you to do it manually to make sure you're only sharing with me the info you want to (outside of Kickstarter). This is what I mean when I say I won't abuse your personal info.
To subscribe, enter your email address here and then confirm when you receive a confirmation email request.
FYI I'll be giving away an autographed copy of the science fiction/fantasy prose anthology Writers of the Future 29 (which includes a prose science fiction story by me) to a random mailing list subscriber in mid-June... before it's even available in bookstores.
(Only your email is required, but zip codes could help out later if I'm doing appearances near you.)
2. Today I'm launching a Facebook page! Please like if you like such things.
Both this and the mailing list plug means in the future I'll be bugging you less here in the future about things like:
3. The free digital comic Outre #1 is out now, and it includes my epic-in-8-pages tale with Ben Garriga: "My Universe Expands Until I Have No Center," as well as an interview with me. (The other interview in the issue is with the amazing Fiona Staples, so with any luck I'll get a lot of accidental readers who see my shaved head and assume I'm Mr. Brian K Vaughan...)
In Genre calls the story "Very well put together, the story manages to span millennia in a matter of eight pages and still remain one of the book’s highlights."
Here's a promotional bookmark I designed, which will debut at Heroescon in a few weeks. Front and back:
4. I will be at Heroescon June 7-9 (Charlotte, NC), tabling with the fabulous Alethea Kontis, booth 2004 in Artist Alley. And I'll be on a Making Comics panel there at 12:30PM that Saturday. I'll have copies of The Time of Reflection, a few Limited Editions of the same, and some You Got Your Schwarzenegger in My President minicomics. I'll also be debuting the print edition of "The Last Christmas of Mrs. Claus" chapbook and the second printing of the "micro-chapbook" "A Wizard of Mapquest."
In 2008 or so, Alethea snapped a few photos of me participating on one of my first ever panels with George R R Martin. And a gnome:
You see the gnome, too, don't you?
5. For local backers, I will have a reading on Friday, June 28 at FlyLeaf Books in Chapel Hill.
6. If you've seen me teased lately on social networks, here's the Writers and Illustrators of the Future award acceptance speech I gave, which might've jeopardized up-to-two marriages (first half of the 7 minute vid) last month:
(Be sure to play the second half, too, where the artist on my story gives my favorite speech of the night, and I'm not just saying that because of where she calls me a little girl.)