Psi-punk is a Fudge RPG that blends cyberpunk with psionics for a fast, simple, fun, and diverse gameplay experience.
Leet Clothing has sent us the initial mock-up images for the Psi-punk Backer T-shirts (shown below). All backers of the $100 reward level and above will receive a complimentary Psi-punk T-shirt. We hope to have a real-world image to show you in the near future.
Want to score a free Psi-punk t-shirt? All you have to do is join the Psi-punk Street Team by posting a Psi-punk flyer at your local gaming store or hangout. There's no cost to join -- just click here to download and print the flyer -- then contact us and send us a picture that shows the flyer hanging at your local store or hangout.
Psi-punk is an exciting new cyberpunk RPG for the Fudge role-playing system. It combines a futuristic cyberpunk setting with a healthy dose of psionics to bring you a unique alternate world rife with intrigue, espionage, action, and adventure.
Marketing hyperbole aside, Psi-punk is the first major release from Accessible Games, an independent publisher dedicated to bringing the joys of gaming to the public. We're raising money for this exciting new game because we know it's one that thousands of people will enjoy playing, provided it has the room to grow and flourish.
We've already written a lot about the game, its origins, and its mechanics at our Developer's Blog, so check it out for more information. Here are a few specific links to get you started:
- A Brief History Lesson
- The Psi-punk Trait Ladder
- Attributes and Skills in Psi-punk
- Character Creation Summary
- Psi-punk Character Archetypes
- What's Inside the Book
- Cyberware in Psi-punk
- Character Preview: Changeling
- Putting the "Psi" in Psi-punk
- Transhumanism in Psi-punk
- Major Players in the World (Megacorps and other organizations)
- The Problem with Perception (a.k.a. How we handle Notice skills)
- Vehicles as Character Equipment
- Hacking People - a.k.a. Soul Jacking
See? We've written lots.
What's the Money For?
We're asking for $4,500 to cover the art and production costs of the book. We understand that it looks like a lot, especially compared to other independent RPGs you may have already backed on Kickstarter, but this is no small endeavor; you will get a book that is more than 200 pages in length once finished. This is a full-length source book and, as such, requires a lot of art -- more than 60 pieces are required to give you a rich, fully-illustrated experience.
We already have the marvelous Melissa Gay, artist of The Dresden Files RPG and Part-Time Gods, on board to do the lion's share of the art for the book, but we need to gather the funds to pay her.
Here's an example of the art she has already done for Psi-punk:
We also have Chris Perrin of Heroic Journey Publishing, designer and publisher of Mecha and Mecha Combiners, ready to handle editing duties.
Finally, we have to cover our Kickstarter and shipping costs so we can deliver all of these Extraordinary rewards to your doorstep.
Nearly all of the writing for the book has been finished (except for the megacorporations that our high-level backers will be creating), and it will be ready to go just as soon as we can power the production process. That's where you come in.
What's in it for You?
- Every single backer who pledges $1 or more will gain access to special backers-only updates about the game. Each backer will also have their name listed under a "Special Thanks" section of the book -- immortalize your name in print for just $1!
- Backers who pledge $5 or more receive a free PDF copy of the Psi-[punk "Consensusly Chosen Adventure Story" that we are currently writing in conjunction with RPGGeek.com members. You still have the opportunity to join the process and vote on each remaining phase of the story; just click here to start following along and become part of the process that will fuel this fun reward.
- Everyone who pledges at least $15 will receive a free PDF of Psi-punk as soon as it becomes available and before we release it to the general public. We anticipate selling this book for $20 after it is released, so you're getting a special backers-only price.
- If you pledge $30 or more, you will receive a softcover copy of the rulebook in addition to your complimentary PDFs. For each additional $20 you spend at this level or above, you can add an additional softcover copy of the book to your order - now's your chance to stock up on books to give to your friends or keep at the table for everyone to reference.
- Backers at the $50 level will get a limited edition hardcover copy of the book and have the option to get additional hardcover copies for only $25 each.
- $100 backers will receive a free Psi-punk t-shirt designed specially for backers by Leet Clothing. This is an exclusive t-shirt available only to backers, and it comes in addition to your limited edition hardcover and PDFs. To sweeten the deal, Jacob will also sign your copy of the book. How much more personal can you get?
- For $150, we'll plaster your face on one of the images in the book (oh, I guess that's pretty personal). We'll gather a couple of reference photos from you and ask for your input about what your character shall be doing in the photo (subject to approval). This is your chance to be depicted as a master of pyrokinesis, a cybered-out nearly-inhuman monster, or a chalk outline -- the choice is yours. Oh, and we'll throw in a free softcover copy of the book so you can keep your signed hardcover in mint condition, free of pizza and beer stains.
- Are you the type who just wants more? For $325, you'll get it. All of the above is included in the Extraordinary backer level, but we'll also run a game of Psi-punk for you and up to 6 friends via Google Hangouts or Skype. We will run this game for you at least one month before the game is published, so you'll be a rare few to get a "first look" at Psi-punk before it's out. We'll order up to two pizzas to be delivered to you (where available) so it's up to you to gather the others or horde the pizza for yourself. This backer level is limited to only 3 people. As an added bonus, we'll work with you to both name and create a background for a new megacorporation to be included with the final product.
- Finally, the ultimate reward level. At $700 you will receive all of the above, including the Skype game and pizza, but we'll throw in a few additional goodies to really make it worth your while. Your face will go on the front cover of the book for all to see. We'll also work with you to write an adventure supplement (to be released after the original product launches) and you'll get a free, signed copy of that when it is released as well. This reward level is limited to only 2 backers, so don't wait for someone else to snag the glory for themselves.
- RETAILER BUNDLE: Are you a retailer interested in carrying Psi-punk? Pledge $70 and we'll send you 3 of the limited-edition hardcover books for your store. Add $15 or $20 for additional soft- or hardcover books. You can even add Psi-punk limited-edition t-shirts for only $15 each. This reward level doesn't come with the other perks outlined above.
All of this is planned at the $4,500 level. That's the minimum we need to cover the costs of paying our talented artists and editor. We do have a few stretch goals in mind in case we meet with Astonishing success, but for now let's focus on making our initial target.
We know that this game is awesome, and we've heard as much from many of our playtesters (some of whom aren't even friends or family, so you know they're unbiased). Let's all work together to make this dream a reality -- both for us and for you!
For more information about Psi-punk, visit the developer's blog at http://psi-
Please help by spreading the word to all of the people in your social circles. The more people who see and contribute to this project, the more likely you are to receive an Astonishing product!
The book will be printed on 8.5"x11" paper. At that size, the book will be somewhere between 220 and 230 pages, so any of the smaller book formats would increase the page count of the book (and thus the cost) significantly.
pledged of $4,500 goal
seconds to go
Jul 18, 2012 - Aug 27, 2012
Pledge $1 or more
Backer: We say "thank you" by granting you access to special backer-only updates, and your name will appear in the book under a "Special Thanks" section.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $5 or more
Backer Plus: We say "thank you" by granting you access to special backer-only updates, and your name will appear in the book under a "Special Thanks" section. You will also get a free PDF copy of the Psi-punk "Consensusly Chosen Adventure Story" after it has wrapped up.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $15 or more
Good: All rewards from the "Backer" level, plus a free copy of the PDF when the game is published. Your name will be listed as a "Good Backer." The PDF will initially retail at $20 when it is released to the general public, so now's your chance to get it at a special backers-only price.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $30 or more
Great: All of the above rewards (including the free PDF), plus a printed softcover of the final product once it is published. Your name will be listed as a "Great Backer." Please add $15 for international shipping. Add only $25 per copy for additional copies of the book to give to friends, family, cohorts, and hirelings!Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $50 or more
Superb: All of the above, except you will receive a limited edition hardcover copy of the book when it is printed. Please add $15 for international shipping. Add only $30 per copy for additional copies of the book to give to friends, family, cohorts, and hirelings!Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $70 or more
RETAILER BUNDLE: Designed for retail stores, this bundle offers 3 limited edition hard cover Psi-punk books for sale in your store. Add $15 per book to add soft cover copies to the bundle or $20 per book for additional hard covers. Please add $25 + $3/book for international shipping. This reward level does not come with benefits granted by other reward levels.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $100 or more
Wonderful: As the Superb level (with hardcover instead of softcover), plus a special backers-only Psi-punk t-shirt specially designed by Leet Clothing. Also, Jacob will personally sign your hard copy of the book. Your name will be listed as a "Wonderful Backer." Please add $20 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $150 or more
Phenomenal: All of the above (including one signed hardcover AND one softcover), plus one of our artists will draw your likeness in one of the pictures in the book. We will contact you to get a few pictures that our artist can use as reference. Your name will be listed as a "Phenomenal Backer." Please add $20 for international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $325 or more
1 backer Limited (2 of 3 left)
Extraordinary: All of the above, plus you will be given the opportunity to work with us to both name and develop a background for a megacorporation to appear within the book! We will also run a 4-6 hour game for you and up to 6 friends via Google Hangouts (or some other video chat environment. We will run this game for you at least one month before the game is published, so you'll be a rare few to get a "first look" at Psi-punk before it's out. We'll even have a pizza delivered to your house (where available). You will be listed as an "Extraordinary Backer." We'll cover the cost of any international shipping.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $700 or more
0 backers Limited (2 of 2 left)
Astonishing: All of the above including the pre-release Google Hangouts game, plus our eternal gratitude. As if that weren't enough, your likeness will be added to one of the characters on the front cover of the book for all to see (and for you to wave around at your friends). We will write an adventure (to be published after the original game) and work with you to get your ideas and feedback. You will, of course, receive a free signed copy of that adventure as well. You'll be one of no more than two people to have their name listed as an "Astonishing Backer," but we'll also include a super-special thank you note in the book.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013